Ugh...(For the ladies only)

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 7:44 pm, edited 12/20/14 8:39 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I got my period twice this month. Full blown periods! I have always been completely regular. At first I was freaked out, but after a tiny bit of research, I guess this happens when we lose weight... I had no idea.  I really hope it only happens once. Being on my period for 15 days in one month, has been crap. 

On a positive note, pretty sure mr date' guy is falling for me.  You know how we women can tell, just by the way they look at you, things they say. I like him too, but not rushing anything! I have to say though, is really nice to have met such an amazing man at this time. Especially since I seem to always be alone over the holidays. 

jaxie77
on 12/20/14 9:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

First off ....that sucks !! I hate the time of the month , and the possibility of having it twice is too depressing for words !! lol ( ok maybe a bit overly dramatic !) .......Secondly ....YAY Baybeeeeeee  !!! I'm so excited for you  I'm thrilled that you have found someone and have this going on in your life . It's such a beautiful thing , the beginning of something that could potentially be more serious . It's full of magic and anticipation and that lovely warm glowy  feeling 

I know exactly what you mean , when you say you can tell . Do you feel mostly the same way ? I know you said you like him too but want to take it slow ....but do you ultimately have that feeling that this could be serious ? 

Such a nice time of year too to have someone close and share the holidays with ! Very very happy and excited for you chick ! I'm a total romantic and I just live for these moments. I'm feeling all glowy myself due to hubby being a complete angel this week . I honestly couldn't have asked him to be more for me throughout this whole process . And I think in a way it kind of scared him into another depth of feeling too ....maybe seeing me so vulnerable or at risk ....or whatever ...had him think about things . We were great before but you know ...9 years together , one child ....life just gets ' normal' ...but I've fallen head over heels for him again this week due his complete angelness  !!

Woooooooohoooooooo ! Love is in the air !! 

Good luck chicky , and keep us posted on the dates xx 

Jax xx

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 9:45 pm, edited 12/20/14 9:48 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

It does suck...REALLY SUCKS. I am crampy and in bed right now, not wanting to get up even though I have a crapload of things to do today....

I do really like him, a lot. First man I have kissed in a while that has given me those 'feelings' I am just trying to be smart about it, for once. I have had my fair share of **** relationships, and I've always felt I loved those men, just a little bit more than they did me. I just want to be cautious this time. And trust me, its very hard. I tend tp jump ALL IN. I'm a hardcore romantic too, and pretty passionate. So staying calm isn't my strong suit. I will say though, its nice to be courted. I'm pretty old school / old fashioned when it comes to dating, so I am enjoying this. He makes me feel beautiful, inside and out.

Thats so sweet with your hubby. I really believe the longer you are with someone, you tend to get into a groove, and romance kinda falls by the wayside, but then you see little glimpses here and there of what made you fall for that person in the first place. Or when something challenging happens in life, and they are by your side 150% it all reaffirms that love you both have. I'm glad that he's been awesome for you through this, and its so sweet that you are feeling head over heels again' 

Love is in the air!!! LOL   xoxoxox Hope you are doing well!

Ivanova8
on 12/20/14 10:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

Totally sucks having your period for 15 days.  Like you said hopefully it's a one time event.  

But I'm totally doing the happy dance for you on your new fella.  Having a special someone during the holidays (and all year too!) is definitely a plus!  

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 10:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I hope so! 15 days is a long friggin time. Its draining my energy.

And thanks :) I haven't yet told him about the surgery... I think I'll wait until things get serious, if that happens . Damn, I have no idea how to approach that one! Or how he may react. I think I'll just not think about that right now.

Enjoy your holidays! Then I guess its Opti time for you! So close now...

Ivanova8
on 12/20/14 11:07 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh don't forget with all the blood loss to watch out for your iron loss too.  

New boyfriends and weight loss.  That's a quandry.  How do you even broach a subject like that?  Even though as you keep losing wait as you're dating him hopefully he'll notice and it might come up in conversation.  That might be a good opening.  I'm sure others here on the Ontario or bigger forum must have gone through this.  Hopefully they can provide some words of wisdom. 

Opti starts the 29th.  Continuing to cut out or limit sweets, breads and pastas this week.  Coffee every other day.  I'm hoping to minimize the big detox sugar withdrawal symptoms.  No big plans for a last meal.  Just some Haagen Daz vanilla bean ice cream.  I'm so going to miss ice cream.   

I'm trying not to keep thinking, "This is the last time I might get to eat.......".   Not helpful.  

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 11:46 pm, edited 12/20/14 11:46 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

That's the thing, he is bound to notice the weight coming off. Its very new, so of course I don't plan on sharing anything. I think you're right though, he will notice, and probably mention it at some point down the road, should we continue to date.

I was a coffeeaholic before surgery, and after, I had no taste for it. Now I have about one a week, when I am a bit tired. And I totally get what you are saying with the "This is the last time I might get to eat" bit, but honestly, its likely not. I eat sugar free maple walnut ice cream on occasion. And it tastes just a good. But for me, I'm not really craving the sweet stuff, I am craving meat. Its odd.

Good luck to you, and keep us posted! 

Ivanova8
on 12/21/14 8:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Jennifer.  I hear that many things you thought you couldn't eat again down the road a bit you find that you can.  So I should probably stop thinking in terms of nevers.  But I hope my taste buds change too so that sweets and coffee become just "so yesterday".  =)

Have an amazing day! 

msmuggins
on 12/20/14 11:17 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

SQUEEEEE!!!  I'm so excited for you and your blossoming romance -- that's so awesome!  And good guys are hard to find, so isn't it amazing that you received one for the holidays?  Keep us posted Lovebird!

And with the sunshine, comes the rain -- I'd be freaked too if I had two periods in one month!  I'm sure that will stop as your hormones start to level off.

Keep well, lady!  And enjoy that handsome man.  I hear you about the **** relationships -- me too.  But since you loved yourself enough to go through the surgery, I'm sure you love yourself enough to make the best choices for you going forward.  And I think we all need to believe that one of the frogs we end up kissing could really turn out to be our Prince!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 11:54 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Smiled throughout reading this! I think he might be, but don't want to jinx it! Plus, I have spent so much of my life making a guy the main focus, I don't want to do that right now. Its probably good for the relationship overall. Its nice to wake up to sweet good morning texts, and to get flowers again, but the best part is feeling connected to someone, that rarely happens for me. Chemistry is tricky. You can't really control it. As they say "the heart wants, what the heart wants"  I know, so cheesy today!! 

Thank you for the well wishes! I think we should all get together after the holidays, in about six months! Sit down and share our experiences with this. I can't wait to see everyone succeed, and hear of their NSV's! Maybe we'll plan something like that further out. 

Most Active