Feeling like I am doing something wrong

Can_Lil_Saint
on 12/18/14 2:03 am - Georgetown, Canada

Hello all,

I am 17 days post op and I feel like I am ruining all the work I have done.

I am finishing off the first week of pureed foods and I have looking through Eggface's website and I noticed that she had eaten 4 shrimp and 4 slices of cheese for lunch and that was all.  Or I am reading about reading about someone only eating 2 meatballs in a post here.

I then looked at my lunch today and I ate just over 3 oz of whipped egg salad (the whole cooked egg whipped with lite mayo in a magic bullet) and this took me half an hour to eat and then ate a half a SF pudding cup for dessert in another half hour and I feel stuffed.

There are times when I think I have over eaten (or over sipped on soup or milk) and reversed everything I have worked on.

Is it because there isn't much digesting that gravity is pulling it through and eventually more solid food will be more dense and I will eat less?  Or am I being detrimental to myself?

I get a sore tummy every 3 hours as a reminder to eat, I don`t have the vomiting/nausea and so far I have had dumping once from jello. 

Thanks to the veterans for the insight.

Patm
on 12/18/14 2:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your menu sounds fine. The person who posted 2 meatballs did not say how big they were. I think at this point you eat from 1/2 to 1 cup of food. Just listen to your body. You will be fine

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/14 2:27 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Try to not compare your journey with others. As long as you're following the plan, you'll succeed! Ive noticed we're all so different, no sense comparing. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/14 3:01 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Oh and also, for me, dense meat is WAY different than eggs. I could probably eat two full eggs at this point, but I dont. Whereas I seem to be very full off a meatball, or a few bites of chicken. 

Karen M.
on 12/18/14 11:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

What is it that you think you're doing wrong? I don't see it. If you are following your food plan as outlined, you're doing just fine. Do keep in mind that you're still healing and won't necessarily feel a "full" or "stop" feeling yet - have to be careful not to overdo it in that case. Follow your centre's plan like you have been doing :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Can_Lil_Saint
on 12/23/14 1:37 am - Georgetown, Canada

Thank you for the morale support.

I am finding that since my tummy can't feel anything until it is drastic (stomach pains for hungry or the feeling in the back of my throat when I eat) that I was being detrimental.

But I am thinking that if I am to be eating a half a cup of pureed food and I am only at third I am still safe.  I just need to remind myself to be selective on what I am eating so it fits in my third of a cup LOL

NorthernStar
on 12/23/14 5:17 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

You are doing fine. Do not rely on hunger cues like you have in the past - you will not feel hungry/full like you have before ****il you are uncomfortably stuffed!). Eventually those feelings will come back. This is why it's so important to stick to your plan, including measuring out your food. Don't compare your feelings to others - you're YOU!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active