What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

kellybelly333
on 12/17/14 6:53 am - Toronto, Canada

Yep. I have the Torani, but it would have been nice to have other skinny flavours like gingerbread at Starbucks, when I'm out and about.  I make lattes with my Nespresso :)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 12/16/14 10:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb and all. The boots sounds awesome. I wanted to wear a dress and boots today but this halter monitor just did not fit nicely under a dress. So pants and sweater to cover for now. Have a great lunch

We have our work party today. I arrived to the smell of gingerbread waffles. Fortunately I am not hungry. It is going to be a long day. The party doesn't even start until 2:00pm. I am going to try to behave.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l chili, yogurt,

s carrots, hummus?

d salmon, squash salad

s grapes

I ate crap last night so need to cut back today. I made cranberry muffins for today and ended up eating one.

cal 804, carb 89, prot 70.6

Laurie_L
on 12/17/14 12:28 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

been struggling a little with hunger and knowing what to eat as the thought of some foods make me go "blah!" :)

B - woke up at 3:30 am with the what I think is Hunger Pains.. drank a bit of water, layed in bed for another hour or so.. finally got up and ate a greek yogurt, felt better, went back to sleep for an hour, woke up, found out it was a snow day which means PJ day.. had a protein shake

S - 1 piece of melba toast with PB

L - Turkey Chili

S - a couple orange slices, or apple sauce, haven't decided yet..

D - Chicken w/gravy (helps with the chewing) Steamed Carrots and maybe a bite of potatoes

S - Cucumber w/ Hummus

trying to get all my liquids in, hard as it seems to wash away the food and I get the hunger pain soon after...

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

crqvingchange
on 12/17/14 1:04 am

Sorry you are struggling Laurie.  Perhaps warm liquids like broth, hot chocolate, or decaf might help you get in your liquids but not bother your stomach.  Since surgery I hate plain water, but before surgery I loved plain water.  I know add flavouring to my water or I wouldn't drink enough.

Zizzler
on 12/17/14 2:01 am

Hey Laurie,

For the first few months I had some pain every time I drank more than a tiny sip, could that be what is happening?  At 4 months out drinking is easier. Are you drinking with your meals?  Waiting 30 minutes before and after to helps drink keep that full feeling longer.  For the first few months after surgery it is a full time job eating and drinking, getting everything in.  It will get better.  Also pay attention to which foods keep you full longer.  I find that legumes and meat are the most filling for me.  If a food makes you go blah then put it aside for a few weeks and focus on the tried and true foods. There are days where I have very little hunger, on those days I just make sure I get in the minimum I need in the easiest way possible.  Adding some plain protein powder from bulk barn might be an option, you can add it to any food to boost the protein.  Good when you can't get much in.

Zizzler
on 12/17/14 2:13 am

I hear you about gift buying for parents, it is not easy! Bought some of those detour protein bars and they are addictive omg. They were recommended by my nut.  Also bought the premier protein bars but I do not like the taste, will be returning them to Costco.  too bad because 30g protein is nice. Full gym day today so a full hour of cardio and weights, followed by reading in the dry sauna and a nice chair massage.  Going to book a real massage for sometime in the next few weeks, I really need it. 

4 months post op

b -  premier protein shake

s - detour protein bar apple cinnamon with whipped peanut butter on top

l - homemade chicken barbacoa with avocado slices

s - blueberry protein detour bar, 3 cups decaf orange pekoe tea with milk and ez-sweetz

d - homemade chicken barbacoa with avocado slices

s -  lf swiss cheese "chips" made in the microwave, lf lc cream cheese apple cinnamon dip, decaf tea

all water and vits

Most Active