NEW HERE

ntensegirl
on 12/16/14 4:08 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

so im new here :) and im excited to start my journey!! I have done the first couple things to begin my journey, first i learned as much as I could about the surgery before actually going to my doctor. I put it all out on the table of why i wanted to have the surgery and the benefits. I even told her some of the cons that would come with it (vitamin deficiency if i dont take my vitamins, hair loss, possible complications) but i also told her what i could possibly LOSE with having the surgery (such as my diabetes, numerous injections, being out of breath walking up the stairs, and much more) I am so ready to start this journey! SO...she is putting in my referal :) i already know that i am going to opt to go through toronto, unless i can get into kingston when the surgeon starts in april 2015. I look forward to going through this journey with all of you :)

Catw
on 12/16/14 4:18 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the forum!  And congrats on taking the first step.  When you get your orientation package, you'll find out where you are placed.  If you are close to Kingston you could be doing everything there now.  Their program has everything but the surgery right now, the surgery is booked in Ottawa.  But it will all depend on your postal code.

One tip, check with the Bariatric Registry in a couple weeks, make sure that they got the referral.  Especially with the holidays coming up.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

Cathy

ntensegirl
on 12/16/14 9:32 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

I am half hour from Kingston so i know all my testing etc will go there.. From there i know I'll have a choice between Ottawa and humber and maybe Kingston (surgery is supposed to start there April 2015) :)

kellybelly333
on 12/16/14 4:28 am - Toronto, Canada

Excellent research skills! The more you know, the better. Good luck with your journey, where ever they decide you go! 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Pegasus_AM
on 12/16/14 5:20 am

Welcome !!! There is an amazing group of people here. If you want to know what center you will be referred to go to the Bariatric Registry website they have a Map you can enter your postal code and it will tell you where you will be referred. I agree make sure you follow up to be sure your referral has been received. It took 2 months to get my orientation date for August and then another 2 to get further appointments booked for November and December. It has gone by quicker than I expected but staying on their radar and being sure you don't get lost in the shuffle never hurts :-) Happy Holiday's and again welcome and good-luck :-)

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Most Active