The hair loss struggle is real...good lord...

Mazey_x
on 12/15/14 5:44 am - Peterborough, Canada
VSG on 08/19/14

Holy bananas!!  The amount of hair I'm losing now and for the past few weeks is intense!  I'm talking brushs full every time I brush my hair...Lucky for me I have a butt load of hair so it's really just saving me the trip to get it thinned...but I'm getting 90-100g of protein a day and taking all my vits...am I just destined to be balled?  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

1. Referal: Aug 17th 2011            Orientation:Nov ,2011 Nurse Practitioner: Dec 22nd 2011   Social Worker: Dec 22nd 2011 Nutrition Class: April 3rd, 2012       Dietitian:April 3rd, 2012 Psychologist:April 2nd, 2012    
  2. Follow up Dietitian: November 16th 2012  Follow up Psychologist: August 28th 2012     Surgeon Meeting:Feb 17, 2012     2nd Surgeon Meeting: April 2014         VSG Surgery Date: Aug 19th 2014
Patm
on 12/15/14 5:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It will slow down. Most people go through this.

Swampy1976
on 12/15/14 6:55 am - Marmora, Canada

I know what you mean😭 I just got my long hair cut and layered just above my shoulders to hid how thin and stringy it had gotten lately. They added a few highlights and it is not to bad. It disguises the thinness quite well

Zizzler
on 12/15/14 8:35 am

I hear you, I have lost a lot too, hope it slows down soon.  There may be a haircut in my near future as well to disguise the loss.  I was expecting it but it is sad, especially at this time of year when we could use the hair to keep our heads warm.  I asked my nutritionist and she said it was normal, that 3-6 months is usually the worst time, it usually settles down after that.  What I wonder about is regrowth, will it be sticking up all over the place? 

pegawatt
on 12/15/14 9:07 am - Canada

My hair has been a little thin not that u can notice but I've been taking Biotin and hair skin and nails for over a yr before surgery which was 5 months ago. My weight loss has been slow and I eat at least 100-120 grams protein daily. Don't know why but hardly lost any hair just a some strands.

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/14 9:26 pm - Orillia, Canada

You guys are lucky you have the hair, I already have bad hair loss.  I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so I am kinda scared what my hair is going to do after surgery I may very well be bald. I was already seriously considering a wig lol.

Northernlightsmom
on 12/15/14 10:15 pm - Canada

I too had lots of hair loss but it really does get better. Follow your nutrition guidelines and it will stop soon. Mine is just now growing back. I look at it as a small price to pay. Good luck!

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Pegasus_AM
on 12/16/14 3:15 am

I've heard a lot of OH vets mention taking Biotin to help with the hair loss issue although they have mentioned that it stimulates the growth of all hair on the body so if you hair unwanted hair on the hands or lip ate, etc..that may grow as well.

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

pegawatt
on 12/16/14 8:22 am - Canada

I Guess I'm lucky no hair any where that wasn't there before not even my legs or underarms where I can't grow hair. I really agree with the Biotin for almost 2 yrs. now.

LalahRose
on 1/5/15 10:25 am - Canada
RNY on 08/19/14

I have hair loss now, too. Have to scoop it out of my brush, bathtub and shower drain by the handful. It's just everywhere, ugh! I have thinning hair due to the androgenic alopecia that is caused by PCOS. Sucks. But the hair loss is supposed to be temporary...as far as I know, no one goes bald but it does get very very thin.

I remember how thick your hair is, so it's likely it won't be a problem for you - except having to clean it off of everything all the time.

And...WOW...by the way!! You are losing weight so fast, congratulations! I have not lost nearly as much but I guess everyone is different.

Most Active