What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 12/13/14 8:08 pm, edited 12/13/14 8:15 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Surprised I am first on this today - I slept late.  Heading to Boston Pizza with all my nieces and nephews today - always fun and its a great place for little kids.

STEPS - 4800 - I miss the steps golfing gives me!

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 2 oz chicken souvlaki with 2 TB of tzatziki sauce

L - Boston Pizza chicken chopped salad - great low cal option

D - Stuffed turkey breast - 5 oz

2/3 cup of mashed potatoes

few bites of green beans

2 TB of splenda cranberries

2 TB of gravy

S - 1 Source dessert yogurt

2 Jello S/F gelatin with FF cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 991,  Carbs - 84 Grams,  Fat - 27 Grams,  Protein - 108

All water and vits

Have a great one  

I hope this menu indicates how well you can eat long term with WLS with just a few modifications.  Fortunately I love meat/chicken/fish and veggies.  I also LOVE bread - so only have it on occasion as I could just live on good bread and cold butter - and bread just doesn't fill me up and also causes RH. 

Next week is a big week for me with parties and eating out almost every day for lunch and dinner - so I am glad to get some lower calorie days in there when I get a chance. 

I can honestly say I don't feel deprived of good eats!

crqvingchange
on 12/13/14 9:02 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb every part of your menu sounds delicious, and you still have low calories and high protein numbers.  It almost looks like you are having Christmas dinner.

Today I have to finish the laundry (it had piled up over the week while the washing machine was broken) more sorting out the basement.  DH and I are going out for brunch this afternoon to a Mill with my inlaws.  It all depends what kind of a mood my MIL is in if the outing will be pleasant or painful.  Luckily DH and I have a code word for let's get the heck out of here.  Tonight I plan on relaxing and getting to bed early (best laid plans of mice and men) we'll see how that goes.

4 months post op

B. Protein coffee shake made with Bulk Barn unflavoured whey and a Nescafe SF Instant Cappuccino

S. Lots of decaf with Coffeemate SF Peppermint Mocha cream

L. Poached salmon, smoked salmon, crab legs, poached egg with Hollandaise maybe some fruit, depends on how long we are at brunch and how well behaved my MIL is and doesn't start fighting with my FIL.

S.  Cup of SF hot cider

D. Dinner will probably be later, BBQ chicken with a little gravy for moistness, a little mashed potato

S. Fit frappe protein hot chocolate with a little SF Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha mixed in and a squirt of Light Gaylea whipped cream on top.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Blueiiis
on 12/14/14 1:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Please could you tell me where you find the SF coffee mate peppermint mocha? I haven't seen that in my travels and want it lol

crqvingchange
on 12/14/14 6:11 am

Hi Blueiiis, I got the Coffeemate sugar free Peppermint Mocha and also I bought Coffeemate Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie creamer in Walmart in Niagara Falls NY.  I can only find Hazelnut and French Vanilla in Canada in the Sugar Free.  Also there Danone Greek Yogurt is bigger and they have really good flavours, and Chobani made a pumpkin pie Greek Yogurt.   I am going to be doing a little cross border shopping the week after Christmas and get some more of those items as well as Blue Diamond Butter Toffee almonds (not high in carbs and sugars) also the coconut flavour.  I need some new clothes as mine are falling off me and some new boots so I will stop into a grocery store or super Walmart and stock up until my next visit. 

Zizzler
on 12/13/14 9:28 pm, edited 12/13/14 9:33 pm

Good morning everyone.  I love good fresh bread with butter too but am still in the losing phase so I do not eat it.  I have eaten some crackers though and find those can be dangerous too, easy to overeat on them.  Actually had a bad eating day yesterday when I paid a visit to Costco.  Note to self:  Never shop at Costco if you are remotely hungry.  I tried one sample and then tried quite a few more.  Most were ok, ham, cheese etc, but I also had some poor choices like chocolate covered almonds, biscotti, and crackers.  I get really stressed when I shop at a busy store like that so I know better and should have gone on a quieter day when there are few samples. I am back on track this morning but I find myself craving something junky and I know that its because I triggered myself with the junk at Costco. Ok, time to forgive myself and get back on track with my eating.  One good thing is that I did not actually buy any of the sampled stuff so it is not in my home, I bought only protein bars and little almond packets. I had a sample of the milk to go sport drink, it has 26g of protein per shake but I find the sugar to be high and it does not taste any better than premier protein. The gym, sauna, and massage chair for me today, and grocery shopping.  Btw the garlic cure worked yesterday - one dose and a nap and the cold was gone!

4 months post op

b - premier protein bar

s - decaf orange pekoe tea, sf fruit punch

l - homemade mixed bean salad (legumes only) with some raw red pepper added

s - decaf orange pekoe tea

d - homemade chicken barbacoa made in the slowcooker, yellow wax beans

s - detour protein bar, herbal tea

Have a nice day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 12:29 am - Mississauga, Canada

Never shop ANYWHERE if you are hungry or empty - my basket fills quickly with too much stuff!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 12/14/14 2:13 am

So true!!

Patm
on 12/13/14 10:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Barb your trip to Boston Pizza sounds like fun. Don't get me started on bread. I often walk past a Cobbs bakery on my way home from my dog walks on Saturday. I like to stop at a local fruit store which is close. The smells are really enticing. I am sure this is how they sell so much.

DH made breakfast this morning. Funny how bacon and eggs just do not excite me anymore. All I can taste at the moment is salt from the bacon. Went looking for a tree stand yesterday. The one at Canadian Tire was $70.00. Seemed a little much for once a year. So going to other stores today to look. Then decorate the tree today. My kids and I have painted small houses over the years for a village. My daughter touched up some last week and I painted an angel. So probably more painting today. I enjoy the relaxation of it.

b 2 eggs 2 sl bacon

l deli chicken, 1 sl cheese, yogurt

s protein shake with skim milk

d steak, broccoli, kale salad

s yogurt granola

cal 1095, carb 43.2, prot 130

birdiegirl
on 12/13/14 10:42 pm

I still love bacon....4 pieces on one slice of toast folded over for a bacon sandwich.....yummm...and I am stuffed afterward.

Your village sounds so nice Pat - I am not crafty at all.

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 12:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

I too love bacon and eat it regularly - alone, with eggs, in crustless quiche, on a 1/2 tomato sandwich, .... bacon makes it better! ;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active