Appetizer pot luck ideas?

Kilmartin56
on 12/13/14 12:36 am, edited 12/13/14 3:27 am - Canada

Tis the season -- for social gatherings.  I am going to a gathering where I am the only one not to have had surgery yet.  It's an after work thing, so people have been asked to bring an appetizer. What's appropriate for a post-surgical group -  Everyone from a few years to a few weeks....Appreciate any and all ideas.  Thanks!!!

Patm
on 12/13/14 8:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Try egg face site or this one. Lots of suggestions. All else fails do a cheese plate

KathC
on 12/13/14 9:07 am

I love shrimp! Or a low fat meat and cheese tray.

good luck!

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Laurie C.
on 12/13/14 8:34 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

If you go to the "world according to eggface" website, Michelle has a gazillion ideas and I think her little egg quiches would be perfect.  Devilled eggs would work also.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/14 9:06 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

There are tons of appetizer and holiday type recipes on the Ontario Recipe Forum.  Just click the link in my signature and join and you can see all the recipes.  I'll bump the appetizer and holiday one to the top since it is that time of year again.  

Meat and cheese platter is perfect or a shrimp ring if you just want easy.  If you want to actually make something, there are tons of dip recipes or the egg bites are good.  Just depends if you can heat stuff up there or if they all have to be served cold.

Kilmartin56
on 12/13/14 10:09 pm - Canada

Thank you so much, ladies! I knew you would come through for me.    Now the tough part will be deciding.   :-)

Blueiiis
on 12/14/14 1:02 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Last week I made "western" crust less quiches.  Chopped ham, onion, green pepper mixed with egg and baked as per Eggface's directions. I also put a little shredded cheese on top when they came out of the oven to melt.  They were the only item at the potluck that entirely disappeared - they were a hit! And one of two items I could have..... 

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 7:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada

It's funny how fast those little suckers get eaten, isn't it? I have turned so many people onto crustless quiche and it's #1 on the requested list.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/14/14 11:42 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

my favourite is Devilled Eggs with non fat mayo!

Most Active