Starting to freak out, 2.5 weeks post op

Kris12
on 12/10/14 11:08 pm

Hi guys,

I'm 2.5 weeks post op and I stopped losing weight 1 week after the surgery. Stuck on the same weight for 1.5 weeks. I'm really starting to freak out. I'm eating low carb, high protein. I'm not hungry at all, but I do eat low fat and carb and high protein. Anyone been there? What did you do?

Thanks for help,

Kris

Catw
on 12/10/14 11:31 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Kris,

Take a breath to start with.  Are you getting all your water in?  How much protein are you getting in? Did you lose a lot in the Opti stage?  All of these things should be considered (and probably more).  If you lost a lot on Opti, then your body could be just catching up.  Keep with the plan and you'll start to lose again.  Just make sure you are getting enough water and protein in.  Once you get your protein in, then you can look at adding some other stuff.

Cathy

Kris12
on 12/11/14 4:45 am

Hi Cathy,

keeping the protein at 60 -70g per day and making sure I'm drinking 6 - 8 glasses of water. Will try to concentrate on good food and hopefully I get over the hump. Not losing weight was the biggest fear I had going into the surgery, so this plateau is feeding into this fear...

Catw
on 12/11/14 4:58 am - Arnprior, Canada

Keep with the plan and it will come off.  As Karen said, there are a lot of stalls you'll go through.  Also keep an eye on your measurments.  They will change when the scale doesn't.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 12/11/14 2:47 am - Mississauga, Canada

Stalls are extremely common at the stage you're at. You only need to do a search here on OH about 2 week or 3 week stalls and you'll find literally thousands of posts about it. Just keep doing what you're doing. Your body will catch up.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Swampy1976
on 12/11/14 3:42 am - Marmora, Canada

I read your post and must admit I giggled remembering being where you are! Freaking out! I was stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks!  Remember your body is adjusting...it will move! Try not to weigh yourself to often it can be hard on you watching numbers. I'm 21 weeks out and down 87lbs it will happen just stick to the plan😄 

Kris12
on 12/11/14 4:39 am

Thanks Swampy1976 :). I'll tone down the freaking and carry on. And WOW you are doing great, best of luck on your journey. Thanks so much.

K

merry1
on 12/11/14 7:20 am - Canada

The dreaded third week stall - I had several more after that too.  time will go by and you will start losing once more.  its frustrating as well as frightening!!

Most Active