Finally Received My Info Session Date!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 8:38 pm - Orillia, Canada

I am so beyond excited that the ball is finally rolling!! I had my 4th referral sent in October 24th, 2014.  I stayed on my doctor about it, and kept calling to find out if they had heard anything, which they hadn't finally I called Humber River Regional Hospital and spoke to such a helpful lady there who set me up with an appointment and emailed me all the paperwork that needs to be filled out.  I have my info session December 15th and I am so excited that FINALLY it is starting my journey that is.  I am so happy that I called!

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 9:01 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Congrats, always feels great to get that first session. It's like the first day of the journey finally beginning. Won't be long now. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 9:12 pm - Orillia, Canada

Thank you so much I am so excited about getting the ball finally rolling.  It is so nice after almost a year of trying to get my referral sent and received that FINALLY it is happening! I am so excited.

Patm
on 12/10/14 10:33 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Not to far off now. Good luck with your journey

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/14 9:26 am - Orillia, Canada
On December 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM Pacific Time, Patm wrote:

Not to far off now. Good luck with your journey

Thank you so much! I am so excited and scared at the same time.

annieliv
on 12/11/14 12:18 am - Toronto, Canada

Congrats!  Happy for you and all the best on your journey!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/14 9:25 am - Orillia, Canada
On December 11, 2014 at 8:18 AM Pacific Time, annieliv wrote:

Congrats!  Happy for you and all the best on your journey!

Thank you I am so excited to be on my journey.  I am hoping to be approved.  I am so scared they will find some reason not to approve me and I feel as if this is my last chance at losing the weight.

jaxie77
on 12/11/14 8:21 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Congratulations  ! It seems like 2 minutes ago I had my information  session  , and now , you will be at yours on Monday  and I have my surgery  on Tuesday  morning  !!! Happy for you that you have finally got the ball rolling . May I ask what the problem has been with you having 4 referrals ? Were they not being recieved or something like that ? 

Anyway , I'm glad your journey is starting :) It's an awesome journey , use the time in between appointments to gather all my the info you can . 

Lots of luck and best wishes! 

Jax xx

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/14 9:21 am - Orillia, Canada

Hey! 

I have no idea why it took so long, or took 4 referrals.  It may have been because they wanted to wait 6 months until I was smoke free.  But finally after the 4th referral I am getting an info session! Good luck with your surgery Tuesday!

Molly83
on 12/11/14 8:32 am - Canada

I can feel your excitement! I am having my second referral go in this week. My GP apparently sent in a referral for the medical program instead of the surgical. When I called his office they said no it was supposed to be surgical so, long story...another referral is going in. My first was sent in June...it is now December. I am going to do like you and keep calling. I plan to call again in two weeks to make sure they received the new referral. The woman at the Ottawa clinic was great. She is going to leave me on the medical program wait list until my other referral is processed. Congratulations. Keep us posted on your status and on your journey. I really do appreciated all the posts and find them motivating and helpful! So happy for you!!!!

Most Active