Question

emilyFIT
on 12/10/14 9:53 am - Ontario, Canada

Is this forum only for those considering or having gone through weight loss surgery? Or rather, more specifically, are people that are losing weight but not considering WLS welcome? I ask because it is great to have finally found a place where there are a bunch of people from Ontario who are also on a journey to better health. I've made the decision that I don't want it, but I still think it would be cool to participate in more "local" chats than some other forums. At the end of the day, we all have the same struggles with weight and the method really doesn't matter IMO.

So...is it cool if I join in the discussions?

Thanks (and Hi!)

Emily

emilyFIT.com | Follow my journey from super morbidly obese to functionally fit.

Seyenna
on 12/10/14 1:34 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I'd say the forum is meant for Ontario before anything else.. but to be honest I don't see much talk beyond RNY and VSG. Hardly ever lap band, rarely DS. We're covered by those weight loss surgeries here and this board is far more active than most other provinces (I've read some, they envy our awesomeness). There's definitely no rules to what you can post (within reason... naturally), but I think you'll find that the conversations are 99% surgery talk.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Karen M.
on 12/10/14 6:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum! You are VERY welcome to post, discuss, ask questions, and gain support here. You're right - we're all on a journey to better health. As the previous poster mentioned, you will find this forum is weight loss surgery focused the majority of the time (RNY, VSG and DS are OHIP funded, lap band is not) but many of the nutrition, exercise, psychological challenges and lifestyle changes apply to everyone battling obesity. There is also a non-surgical forum on this site (http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/non_postops/) but I'm not sure how active it is.

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 12/10/14 10:16 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You may be on a different journey than the rest of use but basically we all just want to get healthier. If we can be of help join in

Catw
on 12/11/14 12:51 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome Emily!  There are lots of different backgrounds on the site already.  Some considering surgery, some waiting for surgery, some post ops.  And there are some who have decided that they are not ready for surgery just yet, and are using other methods.  They may not be as active, but not everyone is posting every day either.  You'll have some people who are 8.5 years plus post op.  Everyone has different needs, you'll find a place where you'll fit in.

Everyone here is on a journey, I wish you luck with yours.

Cathy

emilyFIT
on 12/11/14 7:42 am - Ontario, Canada

Thanks all! I'll join in on the discussions that are common ground for everyone.

Cat -- I see you're from Arnprior. I'm originally from the Ottawa Valley (Renfrew) but moved to Sudbury about 8 years ago when I started my undergraduate degree (decided to stay in Suds though after graduation). Nice to see some people so close to my "home" roots though!

emilyFIT.com | Follow my journey from super morbidly obese to functionally fit.

Most Active