What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 12/9/14 5:44 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Lots on the go today.  Out for lunch with a friend at a restaurant I love.  Food is still great post wls - just less of it and eaten with joy and no guilt.

STEPS  - 3900 - yeah I was a slug in the car all day

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

1/2 small banana

L - 4 oz grilled shrimp

1 cup of couscous salad - worth every carb it is so delish

D - Leftovers

1 cup of butternut squash soup

1/2 cup of roasted squash

2 oz pork tenderloin

S - 1 Source dessert yogurt

1 Jello with 1 TB of ff cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories:  1,108,  Carbs - 120 Grams,  Fat - 18 Grams,  Protein - 80 Grams

Not a typical eating day for me - all good healthy foods but high on the carbs and low on protein for me

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 12/9/14 7:19 pm

Good morning everyone.  Enjoy your lunch with your friends Barb, it does sound delish.

Yesterday I went to the doctor and he is very impressed with my weight loss todate.  My iron levels are very low again (6) and he wants me to continue the daily Feramax, try to eat iron rich foods, get in my Vit C, and he has given me a standing requisition for bloodwork for my iron levels for every two months.  As I am only 4 months out he wants to see if the levels will start to go up if I continue with this course.

Today it's swimming, more Christmas card writing, and more chores around the house.  Yesterday at swimming I mostly jogged in water for the whole 45 minutes because I didn't want to aggrevate my hip with all of the forward, side and back lifts.  The instructor said she was alright with it because I was going to do what I wanted anyway, and one of the other swimmers said "She does her own thing and that's why we love her"  They love me?  Does that mean that I have achieved warm pool domination - the instructor is letting me make waves, and the other swimmers are letting me make waves (and loving me for it).  That's right folks, in 3 1/2 short months I have conquered the warm pool.  Now maybe I'm reading too much into this, but let me have my moment.

4 months post op and awesome

B. Chike before and after my domination in the warm pool

S. Decal coffee and back to reality and household drudgery

L.  Some sort of soup, and a protein shake

S. more decaf and a Greek Yogurt

D. Sole stuffed with crab and a little cream cheese and maybe a few noodles

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

Have a great day everyone

birdiegirl
on 12/9/14 7:53 pm

Hope your iron levels improve - sure can wipe you out.  Bring on the spinach!

Zizzler
on 12/9/14 8:54 pm

Your post made me laugh this morning, I love the warm pool domination saga! Water jogging  is a great workout, I did a lot of it after I hurt my knee because all other exercise was off limits for a long time.  45 minutes of water jogging is hardcore, you go girl!

Karen M.
on 12/10/14 1:55 am - Mississauga, Canada

CC, your ferritin is at 6?? That is WAY low. Unfortunately, simply continuing on the oral supplement is not going to raise the level sufficiently at this point - it's beyond that. You really need to speak to your doctor about iron infusions now. Your body is not absorbing iron efficiently and your ferritin is way past "low".

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 12/9/14 8:58 pm

Just work and the gym tonight, nothing special.  

16.8 weeks post op

B - premier protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee, sf Greek yogurt, 2 tb blueberries, dasani sf blueberry syrup

l - not sure yet, danger!

s - cheese string, simply protein bar

d - meatballs on tomato sauce Parmesan

Patm
on 12/9/14 10:07 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Went to the doc yesterday. It was a resident not my normal doctor. He wanted to know if I was always this short of breath. I explained I am usually able to exercise but at the moment getting into the office from the parking lot was a workout. I found that kind of funny. I am definitely not giving the heart monitor I am wearing much of a workout. I got some drugs and they did a chest x-ray. They are starting to work. I am still out of breath but not as bad as yesterday. I hope to do some Christmas cards today. It was just too much effort yesterday. My DH just worked 7 days straight so he is off today. This means I have no idea what is for dinner since he will cook. He hasn't decided what to make yet.

b greek yogurt, raspberries (need to make some granola)

l left over stew from last night

s protein shake

d who knows

So cal etc are low 694 carb 56.1 prot 82

kellybelly333
on 12/9/14 11:59 pm - Toronto, Canada

Pat, do you have the cold/flu that's going around? People seem to have this one for weeks. I hope your meds work soon!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 12/10/14 12:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It started weeks ago as a head cold. Seemed to go away then came back as a sore throat. Went away and then came back as a chest cold. I hope the drugs will finally get rid of it

Karen M.
on 12/10/14 1:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Pat, I hope you feel better soon!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active