What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 12/11/14 5:55 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Full day ahead  - dinner home this evening.  I have been doing some stress eating the past week - ughh -   back on the horse today.

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Quest protein bar - cookies and cream

will be at the hair salon over the lunch hour as normally I like to eat real food for full meals and save bars for emergencies

S - 1/2 package of Love brand beets - sweet fire marinade

D - 1.5 cups of kale salad

1/2 cup of asparagus

1.5 skewers of chicken souvlaki

1/2 cup of tzatziki sauce - love love love this stuff

S - Source dessert yogurt

2 S/F jello with 2 TB of FF cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 980,  Carbs - 92 Grams,  Fat - 36 Grams,  Protein - 93 Grams

All water - likely 3 litres - all vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 12/11/14 7:02 pm, edited 12/11/14 7:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Mmmmmm....... tzatziki. The thought is in my head now and just changed my plans for dinner tomorrow. lol Your comment about stress eating struck a chord in me - I've had a couple of times in the past week that I've found myself thinking about food and trying to decide what to have even though I'm not "hungry" and the food wasn't planned (danger!). I was thinking it was boredom BUT now that you mentioned stress I'm wondering if that could be part of my issue. It always happens at night and in retrospect it's like my brain is full steam ahead thinking about work and other things I need to get done, etc. and I'm thinking now that I may be wanting food in an attempt to "calm and comfort my mind". The next time it happens I'll do my usual evaluation but will also incorporate a stress measurement - so glad you brought this up.

Off to work this morning, house stuff when I get home, Andrew is making me dinner tonight (yay!), the Breaking Bad marathon continues - we're 1/2 way through the 4th season already. lol

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake (I'm finding this so much easier to get in since I started drinking it along with my morning coffee - sip of shake, sip of coffee, rinse-repeat)

S - Source Greek 50, 2 halos

L - crustless quiche, cucumber slices

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 4 oz BBQ steak (the last of the boxed angus steaks from Walmart and OMG they are fabulous, will definitely pick up more), mixed greens and veggies salad with white balsamic and honey vinegar, a few sautéed mushrooms

S - likely just tea

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 12/11/14 7:37 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb sorry that you have been stress eating, but good for you for recognising that you are.  Barb, Karen and Kelly thank you all for your concern and advice over my iron levels.  I have taken it to heart and have an appointment next month with my centre and the centre internal medicine doc.  Barb I will up my spinach, although last night for a snack I had kale salad because that's all that was in the house.

Today it's AquaCycle, I have to decide if I want to sign up for another 9 weeks.  It's more expensive than AquaFit, but the last 4 weeks it's just been me in the class on Fridays so I get alot of direct instruction which I like and need.  More clean up around the house this afternoon and maybe a quick nap.  DH and I are going out tonight for dinner and live music.

4 months post op

B. Chike before and after swimming

S. Decaf and maybe a Greek Yogurt

L. Soup or Chicken Chili

S. Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake

D. Chicken or catfish, cheesy grits, BBQ beans

S.  Probably won't have one, but if I do a Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

Have a great Friday everyone.

Pat I hope your knee feels better after the gel shot.  Anyone know where Tanya is, missing her.

Karen M.
on 12/11/14 8:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I know I sounded like a nagging mom re. your iron but it really is that serious and I care about you.

I've been missing Tanya too. Tanya, if you're reading let us know how you're doing! xo

Karen

msmuggins
on 12/11/14 11:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Hi Karen, you mentioned that you plan your meals in advance (something that is AWESOME).  Just curious, did you do this pre-op at all? And if not, did you find it a difficult habit to create after surgery?  There is pretty good evidence that planning meals in advance does much to help maintain weight loss and prevent re-gain, and it's a habit I'd love to create, but I also fear my organizational skills on that front, so I'd love to hear how you mastered this and if you have any tips for someone who wants to make this a habit?

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 12/13/14 12:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

I have always planned "family meals" which came about by necessity when I had my son many years ago. I wasn't able to apply it to myself very well, though. My son's meals were always well planned, mine were whatever I could/felt like grabbing at the time. lol Learning to apply this to myself only came with weight loss surgery - again out of necessity. I could no longer just "wing it" and eat whatever was available. It was remarkably simple to learn AND to maintain - it's routine. 

Karen

kellybelly333
on 12/11/14 8:39 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all.

i need to hop on that horse with you Barb. Out tonight to the Distillery District (again) with a friend. No idea what we will do for dinner. Even though it's warmer out, I still dressed warm (fleeced lined pants...so comfy and warm). I will be having my goat yogurt mix, protein coffee, grilled chicken on salad and unsure for dinner.

hoping to get 10k steps in today, as I've only make it once since my surgery almost 5 weeks ago. 7 more and I can exercise again!!

have a great weekend all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 12/11/14 8:52 pm

Good morning everyone! Got quite the workout last night shovelling snow, was at it for close to an hour.  Was careful to pace myself but this morning the arthritis pain in my knee is a reminder that I am not superwoman, not to overdo it.  Just work and the gym tonight, thankful to have the weekend off work to refill my energy. 

17 weeks post op today

B - premier protein bar

s - half a small banana, handful of almonds, xl decaf coffee

l - 4 x lean blue menu Italian meatballs, San marzano tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese 

s - sf fruit punch, handful of almonds, liberte plain Greek yogurt with blueberries and sf blueberry syrup

d - frozen leftovers of Salisbury steak with some yellow wax beans

s - cheese "chips" with avocado, decaf orange pekoe tea

all water and vitamins 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active