New comer

sky_624
on 12/7/14 12:57 am - Canada

I everyone...I am just waiting for a surgery date I figure will be sometime in February as I have been approved for a sleeve  at TWH.  I just need to see the nutritionist Jan. 8, 2015.  Then the wait will begin.

I have so many questions to ask like what protein powder did most of you like?  Was it unflavoured and unsweetened?  What protein shakes were good and can you add flavoured extract to it?  I know you can with the optifast.

thanks

sky_624 from Brampton, On

ArleneAnne
on 12/7/14 6:26 am - Oakville, Canada

Greetings ..... and WELCOME !!!

I just had the sleeve done at TWH ..... gads .... is that one WONDERFUL hospital !!! ..... SOOO organized, everyone SOOOO nice ...... I can't say enough about my experience there !!!! .... You will be in the MOST caring and loving hands while there !!

I like the Protein Powder + ..... unflavoured so I can add whatever flavouring that I want to it !

Arlene

sky_624
on 12/7/14 7:12 am - Canada

Hi Arlene:   How long ago did you have the sleeve done?  What was the recovery like? 

Sky

Karen M.
on 12/7/14 7:28 pm, edited 12/7/14 7:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum! Lots of fabulous support and advice to be found here, we're happy to have you with us :)

As for the protein shakes - the best I've found are the Premier protein shakes which are ready-to-drink in tetra packs, low sugar and carbs and 30g of protein - and quite tasty! The problem is that many people's tastes change post-op and what you may like now may taste terrible to you after surgery - don't invest a lot of money in them at this point.

Looking forward to your participation on the board!

Karen

Edited to add: The Premier shakes are available at Costco and come in chocolate and vanilla only in Canada (and vanilla are tricky to find most times).

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sky_624
on 12/8/14 3:06 am - Canada

thanks for the info KarenM.

Can_Lil_Saint
on 12/8/14 1:25 am, edited 12/8/14 1:26 am - Georgetown, Canada

Welcome!

What I did was I hit the local Bulk Barn and only bought a sample of what they had. Then I headed home and got creative.  What I found is like the chocolate whey powder (100 gms of it has 76 gms of protein) and added 2 full TBSP to 1 cup of 1% milk in my magic bullet.

I sip on one in the am after brekkie then change to water until lunch.  Then a second one in the afternoon and change to water until supper.

I tried some premade shakes pre surgery and wasn't very partial to them.

sky_624
on 12/8/14 3:01 am - Canada

THANKS must try bulk barn...my husband goggled whey protein and found  grass-fed new zealand whey ...they had unsweetened and unflavoured it is distributed in Canada so he ordered a 2 lb. pkg. will have to try it and let u all know how it was.

sky_624

Most Active