What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 12/6/14 7:52 pm, edited 12/6/14 7:56 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Lots on the go today.  Looks like its going to be a nice day out so hope to get a walk in there somewhere

STEPS - 6750

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 4 oz roast beef

few carrots

green salad - dressing on the side

D - Sweet kale salad - 1.5 cups

4 oz beef tenderloin

1/2 cup of asparagus

S - Source dessert yogurt

S/F jello with ff cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above:  Calories - 1,017,  Carbs - 69 Grams,  fat - 41 Grams,  Protein - 128 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Zizzler
on 12/6/14 9:16 pm

Good morning everyone. Some bad news yesterday - my old dog has terminal kidney failure.  They estimate her life expectancy at 6 months with a special diet and medication.  I cried for 5 hours yesterday, she is my baby and I will miss her so much. My appetite was zero after I found out but I made sure to get in my minimum amount of protein with extra water to balance me out from crying so much. I am told that this is not a painful death compared to other diseases, she is not in distress, just not eating much and losing weight. I tried on a maternity top at Walmart the other day and it fit but I did not like the style. Anyone know of somewhere cheap I can get maternity tops that are somewhat cute?  My value village does not carry maternity clothing. Today it will be the gym, sauna, massage chair, possibly bulk barn and Costco. 

b - nsa homemade blueberry banana protein shake

s - decaf sf xl coffee, simply protein bar

l - canned sundried tomato tuna, fresh cucumber slices

s - handful almonds

d - chicken breast with yellow wax beans

s - decaf orange pekoe tea

Karen M.
on 12/6/14 11:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Empire-waisted sweaters (and blouses) are "in" this year and may work for your body type - form fitted around the bust, flowy around the mid-section and long enough to "cover stuff up".

Again, sorry about your doggie

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 12/7/14 12:27 am

Empire waist are my preferred style even pre-op due to my body type.  What happens in general now even with the empire-waisted is it does not fit right in the top part, it is usually too low in the front.  I tried with different bras, padded, pushup, last week and my boobs looked more supported but the tops were still all too low/loose in the front or too tight in the belly.  All except for the maternity top, which I did not like but it did fit.  Right now I have 1 t-shirt and 1 work top that fits me, the rest are too low in the front or too tight at the belly.  A few I can pin without too much trouble but the rest are not pin-able.  I still wear a few around the house but in public it would not work. I have been exploring men's clothing, I used to buy men's jeans when I was normal sized, so around 15 years ago, and I found they fit better than the women's.  The one t-shirt that fits me I found in the men's section at Walmart, it is an xl V-neck but not a low V-neck so it fits with lots of room in the tummy. For pants I have 3 that fit, 1 jeans, 1 dress pants, 1 work casual pants, so I am ok for now. Someone at work suggested leggings and a long sweater so I went to giant tiger last night but I did not like the styles they had.  I did buy a pair of fleece tights while at GT though, as you had suggested, great idea!

birdiegirl
on 12/7/14 1:40 am

Sorry about your pup

Zizzler
on 12/7/14 1:44 am

Thank you, just taking it one day at a time

Patm
on 12/6/14 9:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I had a horrible day yesterday. Woke up with this cold I keep getting only now in my chest. After breakfast I felt dizzy and sweaty. Rested and it went away. I had to go to get a halter monitor way up in North York . My doc wants to see if my afib has gone away from weight loss. I took a protein bar with me since I do not like having to get food when I am running around and thought it would be enough. Went to a couple of sales. At the last one I was lining up ad started to get sweated and light headed. Just as I was asking if anyone had a candy I passed out. I landed on my poor knees. A nice man scooped me up and put me on a couch. I had some sugar water and a candy. This brought me back out of it but I was really tired. Eventually they walked me to my car. I didn't want to drive but I was way up in Vaughan. So I sat for a bit more and had another candy. Went and meet my husband so he could drive me home. I am not sure if it was because I had a fever or what but not a nice experience.

I am taking it easy today. Having trouble walking. Especially my 'good' knee. I will do some walking so they do not get worse but not a lot.

b greek yogurt, raspberries

l chili, yogurt

s protein shake with milk

d pork tenderloin, salad

s not sure, may just go to bed

cal 655, carb 36.9, prot 76

Karen M.
on 12/6/14 10:23 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Pat, that is horrible, not to mention scary! Keep your fluids up and make sure you're eating enough and if you start feeling this way again, perhaps see your doc for advice. It could be your cold, it could be RH - be careful out there! I hope you're feeling better today.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 12/7/14 1:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The worst part is not know what caused it

Zizzler
on 12/7/14 12:56 am

That is awful Pat, sorry to hear this happened to you. It is nice to see that there are still good people in this world who will help someone out though in this kind of situation.  If I do not eat every 2-3 hours I start to feel really sick, dizzy, irritable.  I have never passed out in public though, that is scary.  Glad to hear you are taking it easy and got home safely. Your poor knees!  Didn't you just get gel put in your bad knee too?  I think you are very smart to rest up today and gather your strength. 

Most Active