What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

Zizzler
on 12/9/14 6:24 am

Welcome to the posts!

I am not crazy about plain water either but I like many of the sf water enhancers, so its easier for me.  Have you ever tried true lemon and true lime?  You add it to water and voila lemon/lime water.  Its nice because it is shelf stable and lasts a long time.  You can get it at health food stores or online at low carb stores. 

Karen M.
on 12/8/14 6:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Barb, your road trip sounds fun! Like you, fries just don't hold the same appeal as they used to but I'm always happy to have one or two from someone else's plate. lol 

Off to work this morning, meeting my dad at the VV Boutique after (apparently there is a VERY interesting winter coat there that he is certain I want - I think he may have hidden it in the racks LOL), hitting Walmart and Costco to pick up some Christmas stuff, not sure what else!

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - summer sausage/cheddar/pickle roll-ups (2), Halo orange

L - will be late due to shopping date - crustless quiche

D - more crustless quiche, cucumber and tomato slices

S - Bengal Spice fog made with Silk cashew milk

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 7:22 pm

How is work going?  Hope the gossips have settled down.  Must feel good to get back on this routine again

crqvingchange
on 12/8/14 7:41 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb I think it would be fun to be on a road trip with you and your DH hitting all the golf shops.  Jennifer welcome, many of us have problems drinking plain water in the beginning.  I drink Robinsons Sugar Free Orange/Mango concentrate added to my water, it's got really good numbers and has Vitamin C which I need right now (hard to find, look in British shops).

The doc called the house last night to tell me that my iron is very low and he wanted to know if I was faithfully taking my Feramax.  I promised I was, and he said I needed a requisition to have it tested again in 2 months.  I said OK can't you give it to me tomorrow when I have my appointment with you, lol.

Today it's swimming, a visit to see my GP and finish writing the Christmas cards which I didn't do yesterday because I needed a nap.

4 months post op

B. Chike before and after swimming

S. Lots of decaf

L. Poached duck egg with a little Hollandaise

S. Greek Yogurt

D. Sole fillet stuffed with crab and a little cream cheese, mushrooms

S. Fit Frappe hot chocolate

Have a good one.

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 9:47 pm

CC you must need a nap with low iron and still recovering from a cold - double whammy

Karen M.
on 12/8/14 7:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Work is going great! I'm loving being there and relieved that I'm remembering the intricacies of the position as I wasn't in my current position very long when I went off due to illness. So far, so good :)  As for people talking - going to happen anyway, I can't concern myself with it (never have) - let 'em talk.  

Karen

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 8:12 pm

Yes I remember you being promoted prior to your illness.  Thats great you remember everything.  Enjoy it as I seem to be forgetting so much lately...ughh

Karen M.
on 12/9/14 3:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Not a promotion actually - a complete career change that I actually took a (very) large pay cut to explore. If I were going back to counseling, it wouldn't be a big deal - did that for well over 20 years. The position in municipal law and legislation was (and is!) very new! But I'm loving it. As for the memory - gah! I'm sure it's our age as I forget tons of stuff too. LOL

Karen

Patm
on 12/8/14 9:35 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Have fun with your trip Barb. I only like the small crispy fries which I usually steal from my DH 's plate.

Welcome Jennifer. Pre wls I used to love cranberry juice with diet tonic. I haven't tried juice since  but I may for a change. I tend to drink my water with lemon and a bit of truvia for sweetening

CC naps may be due to low iron. Maybe talk to doc about more help now

Seeing a doctor this morning. Hope to get some relief from this never ending cold. I have did nothing yesterday. I may try to pick up some groceries while out today but not sure if I am up to it. Will probably have to go there for a RX if only for a new puffer.

b greek yogurt, applesauce

l ham and pea soup, yogurt

s coffee protein shake

d chicken, salad, veg?

s not sure

cal 800 carb 66.7, prot 92 Low cal due to sitting all day

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 9:49 pm

Ahh Pat - you just sound exhausted.  Hope things improve for you soon - between knee pain, your recent RH episode and your cold you sound really run down

Most Active