What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 3:53 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Fun day ahead with my DH - going to spend his winnings at a few golf shops out of town - we always love a bit of a road trip.  Going to stop by his fav french fry shack and get an order - I will have a few though they don't turn me on like they do him. 

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - small ham and cheese wrap

S - small fries

D - 4 oz pork tenderloin in Cornflake crumbs

1/2 cup of roasted butternut squash

1.5 cups of sweet kale salad

S - Source dessert yogurt

2 S/F jello with 2 TBS each of ff cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,155,  Carbs - 97 Grams,  Fat - 44 Grams,  Protein - 94 Grams

All water and vits...more decaf coffee

Have a great one  

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 5:20 pm, edited 12/8/14 5:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Love roadtrips, even more than flying. I'd rather listen to my tunes, grab a coffee, and have my co-pilot beside me driving (My basset hound) Than be stuck on a plane any day.

Serious insomnia happening for the last few weeks... I was taking sleeping pills, but I noticed, not only did they make me EXTREMELY tired the next day, requiring afternoon naps, but google tells me they also can cause weight gain... Anyhow, once I stopped taking them, the scale moved. Not saying it is definitely because of this, but taking them made me feel like garbage anyway, and I don't want that.  So tomorrow should be fun, since it is 4:19am, and I have a meeting with the owner of the company at 9am. 

OK, figure I'd try my first 'What did/ are you going to eat today'

B- Premeir protein shake 

S- 1/2 a banana 

1 tsp of peanut butter 

L- 1/2 a cup of Amys lentil soup

2 lean angus mini meatballs  

D - Okios greek yogurt 

1/2 turkey pepperette 

Caloric beverages

3 teas with 1tbsp of 1/2 and 1/2 per

1 coffee with 1 tbsp of 1/2 and 1/2 

1.5 cups of 1% milk 

2 cups of low calorie diluted juice 

Calories - 790 / Carbs- 53 grams / Fat 24 grams / Protein 79 grams

Water & Vits  

7 weeks post op

Karen M.
on 12/8/14 6:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the WAYE thread! Your menu for today looks good - great protein numbers. I can't help you much with the insomnia as I'm a chronic insomniac myself. One of the meds I have to take each day completely knocks me out (read: have to go to bed within 10 minutes of taking it) which is a helpful side-effect (now that I've figured out that it can only be taken at bedtime lol). Maybe ask your doc if there is a more weight-neutral one you can take.

P.S. Which low calorie juice are you drinking and how are the sugar/carb numbers in it? This isn't something I did/do because of the added calories and natural sugars.

Have a terrific Tuesday :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 7:22 pm, edited 12/8/14 7:25 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Morning, I am also a chronic insomniac. I can't place blame on surgery, as I've always been this way. I will ask my doc, because I do need something! Will read also :) thanks about the menu. I find I'm less hungry in the evenings, probably because its when I drink all the tea. 

I'm pretty particular with my liquids. Right now, plain water is the only thing I can't seem to tolerate. It hurts to drink it. And I can't stand that artificial flavouring stuff (crystal light/ or the little squeeze bottle flavour shots) I've tried many of them, I hate the taste. I've found three juice options I like.  I could opt for the 'diet' versions of these, they are far lower in calories and sugars, but again, I can't stand them. My NUT told me I do need to dilute them, and I don't mind as they taste nearly the same with a bit of water in them.  I know with my juice and milk, I am consuming a lot of calories there, compared to my food intake... But hopefully I'll be able to handle plain water soon!

The three constantly in my fridge are : ocean spray low calorie cranberry, low calorie grape cranberry, also low calorie minute maid orange juice (which is my fav and taste just like regular OJ) All three have 50 calories per cup , 10 grams of sugar, and 11 grams of carbs, but I dilute nearly half water, half juice. Overall, I think it's worth it to actually enjoy what I'm sipping. Eventually once I can handle plain water, I'll not drink as much.. Now the milk on the other hand, I am trying to cut back a little now. Some days I was drinking 3-4 cups. That's was a lot of my daily intake there. I've always been a BIG milk drinker... 

Happy sleepless Tuesday! 

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 7:26 pm

Good - sounds like you are handling the liquids right.  Many post ops cant handle water - I hope this will improve for you as water is your friend.  ( for me coffee is too - after the first 2 mugs I switch to decaf)....if diluting helps then that's the ticket for you right now.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 7:35 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I really hope so too! I was a coffeaholic pre surgery, now, not so much... Strange how that changed. I've become a member of the tea club! Decaf used to be a bad word in my house. :D 

Karen M.
on 12/8/14 7:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada

With those numbers on the juices, go for it. I too really like the low-cal ocean spray cranberry and always dilute it - way too strong/flavour-intense. Plain water doesn't always do well in my gut either and I'm not a fan of crystal light, etc. I find room temperature plain water will usually work.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 7:59 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Totally agree. If I even have a sip of it not diluted now, it tastes SOOO strong, too intense for sure.

Room temp water sounds gross. LOL I need my drinks FREEZING. OK, time to get meeting' ready... Ugh. 

birdiegirl
on 12/8/14 7:21 pm

Yes insomnia sucks!  It was so much worse when I was working - I feel for you.  Its also amazing how little sleep you can get by on....as long as you eventually start to get some ZZZZ's.

I agree re the pills - they made me groggy for awhile the next day.  However, they are a life saver if you go too many days in a row with only a few hours.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 7:32 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Funny that once the weekend comes, I can sleep like a champ! NAPS GALORE!!! Its when I catch up! Mind you, most of that catch up happens during the day, because it seems as soon as it gets dark out, my mind wakes up! 

Most Active