Surgery in 2 Days - Aycoramba!

bigguy007
on 12/8/14 3:20 am - Canada

Hey OH Family

The wait which started in February is finally comming to an end 3 days from now i would be out and starting my new journey to a better life. I am praying and hoping for an uneventfull surgery and i get to enjoy the healthy life with rest of my family. 

6 Weeks of Vanilla optimist was Disgusting. Lost close to 30 pounds though :). I do need some help specially from some one who just had the surgery if they could suggest the Multivitamins and Calcium you guys are taking and the schedule so i can go to the store before the surgery and get my self those with the containers. My nutrition class was back in June and the information i learnt there is kind of fading. 

I will try to post more after the surgery. I am having the surgery at TEGH still waiting on the time i have to be there. 

Will keep yall posted wish me luck!

Deep : ) 

Jenbg
on 12/8/14 5:14 am - London, Canada

Yeaaa! Your time is near! Good luck!

I take a prenatal multivitamin that I crush up and put in greek yogurt for my last snack of the day.

And calcium wise my husband got me a liquidform from Costco called "Wellesse Calcium 1000mg with Vitamin D3 1000IU".. Its sugar free, lactose free.  I take that twice a day. It comes in Natural Citrus Flavour. Its not too bad. Also it comes in a 2 pack.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

bigguy007
on 12/10/14 10:30 pm - Canada

That is great ! thanks so much I may now have to grab the Costco membership lol. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 8:55 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Good luck Deep! Congrats on 30lbs lost!

bigguy007
on 12/10/14 10:28 pm - Canada

Thanks Jen and thanks again for the Opti!!. great to be a bench partner with you : )

Jubutyp
on 12/10/14 10:57 am

I am 3 weeks post op. The recommendation for me was  2 Centrum select over 50.  I take one in the morning and one at bedtime. I also take the bariatric advantage calcium citrate. It is a caramel and also has vitamin d.   I take that at 11 am.  2 pm and 5 pm approx. They say to take the calcium 2 hours before or after multi vitamin to get its full potential and the don't fight each other.  I also got the B 12 shot. I will have to get that once per month.  This was the script I received from Dr Glaser when I was discharged.  Not sure if this changes for each person.   

Referral. May 2014.  Info session July 2014. Nurse, social worker, dietician Oct 2014, Dr Hagen 1st appointment October 2014,Dr. Glaser, November 2014, Dr Hagen  2nd appt.   November 2014, surgery. November 20, 2014

bigguy007
on 12/10/14 10:26 pm - Canada

This is Great! I asked my surgeon he said the same.I know Centum is easy to find what about Bariatric advantage available at Shoppers? if you dont mind me asking where do you purchase yours from. Again thanks for all the help!. 

bigguy007
on 12/10/14 10:20 pm - Canada

Thanks so much all.. I am one day post op and so far so good.. lot of sipping and walking passing the air lol my Wife stayed with me here all night long.. and TEGH staff is just exceptional. Dr Aarts was my surgeon and shes off on Vacation now lol Dr Cyriac is following up.So far so good pain has been manageable.  Cant wait to go home tommorow and officialy start my weightloss journey!!. 

Jubutyp
on 12/10/14 11:19 pm

I bought the bariatric advantage at the pharmacy at the hospital. I would check the pharmacy att the hospital you had the surgery. Humber River pharmacy had everything there and the pricing was reasonable. I would hope your hospital would have the same.  Good luck with everything.  You will feel better every day 

Referral. May 2014.  Info session July 2014. Nurse, social worker, dietician Oct 2014, Dr Hagen 1st appointment October 2014,Dr. Glaser, November 2014, Dr Hagen  2nd appt.   November 2014, surgery. November 20, 2014

Most Active