Nor Cleared for Yoga until Four months Post Op... :(

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/14 9:51 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I was so excited to start yoga, got myself a great groupon, and was thinking I may be able to start 8 weeks post op... But nope, TWH confirmed today, 16 weeks post op... That seems so far away. I want to get my stretch on.

Anyone else do yoga post op?

msmuggins
on 12/2/14 12:33 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

The 16 weeks thing is weird!  I asked TWH when I could start doing weights and they said to wait a minimum of 6-8 weeks and "start low and go slow".  The trainer I'm working with is helping me with a plan for post surgery, but I guess I'm going to need to be cautious in the beginning.  I don't plan to start weights again until 8 weeks as advised and will do cardio in the interim.   I do find it weird though that you'd have to wait 16 weeks for yoga but only 8 weeks for weights, but maybe the stretching is the issue?  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 5:30 am, edited 12/2/14 5:30 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I spoke to Lorainne (NUT) then she got the nurses involved in the convo, and the end result was, the stretching is a no no, and just the positions yoga involved, and the intense core involvement, they felt it may cause too much strain... Better safe than sorry for sure. Honestly, I think they terrified me into waiting longer. LOL I'll have to stick to my dog walks / half runs...

I love weights too, well I used to, way back in the swayback. We're gonna be on our way to being buff ladies come summer! 

Most Active