Dumping!

Gohopchick
on 12/1/14 8:28 am - United Kingdom

Hey there everybody.  I had surgery last Wednesday.  I'm trying to get protein in, but having problems.  I'm lactose intolerant, and find that I can't tolerate the whey protein isolate either.  I started a vegan protein shake, and mixing it with unsweetened soy milk, but 3/4 cup of it caused me to dump!  Is it because I drank too much?  I sipped slowly.  Would appreciate your help and advice.  Feeling pretty miserable and nowhere near my protein goals.

highlandbear
on 12/1/14 10:46 am - Canada

even though it says unsweetened check the sugar on the soy milk. I have found when things say unsweetened there is still sugar.  why not try the lactose milk. how much sugar is nit the vegan protein shake. How long did it take you to drink the 3/4 cup. Sometimes just introducing new things to your stomach can upset it.  Don't worry to much about your protein goal right now. Most people do not meet the goals when they first have surgery

Catw
on 12/1/14 11:59 pm - Arnprior, Canada

There are also fruit drink like protein shakes.  I used to get one from Shoppers that was peach mango.  There is also 4Everfit that has some fruit based one. I'd like to try the iced tea one, just haven't been able to yet.  They are an option.  I'm lactose intolerant as well, and most protein shakes cause problems.

Your dumping could be sugar related, or it could have been caused by something else.

Cathy

Most Active