Follow up with my PS . Some would rejoice, but....

kellybelly333
on 12/4/14 7:54 am - Toronto, Canada

I wear a bikini once in awhile. My legs still have lots of skin, so it's not often. I look good lying down (skin sags to the back) or standing with a short cover up :) I'm overall happy with my skin removal. It has certainly made a difference in my running!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 12/3/14 11:22 am

Sorry to hear this, I know how much running means to you. Are they restricting all exercise or is light stuff like walking still ok? 

kellybelly333
on 12/4/14 2:08 am - Toronto, Canada

I can walk, but when my stomach starts to feel tight, i'm swelling, which isn't great for the seroma. Just walking at a faster pace will do that. All exercise is a no no

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 12/4/14 6:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

I understand how disappointed you are, especially with your training plans for 2015. Your health, however, is the most important thing you have. Not training hard does not equal weight gain - you don't need me to tell you that. Or maybe you do.

Heal well, friend. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 12/4/14 7:52 am - Toronto, Canada

Very true Karen. My mind just sways a little sometimes when I can't exercise. I haven't gained before, being off with other surgeries, so why would I think I would now? 

Ill always have that fear, I guess. I feel really lazy though. I'm also a wee bit afraid that by the time I can train again, I won't want to. I'm sure that won't happen, but this just me being honest about my little stresses. 

In the grand scheme of things, I am thankful for my health and to have the ability to actually whine about wanting to exercise. There are many who don't have the same opportunity. :)

Karen M.
on 12/4/14 6:32 pm, edited 12/4/14 6:32 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'll always have that fear of re-gain too, not sure it ever goes away. Keeps me in line. lol

I think fitness has become such a big part of your life that it scares you to think that you may start putting it on the back burner. I know you have big plans for 2015 and it's got to be really frustrating that things aren't going as planned and "on hold" for way longer than you had hoped or expected - I get that. I also have no doubt in my mind that once you're able, you'll go back to your regular routine and you'll hit it with a vengeance. ;)

Karen

Zizzler
on 12/4/14 8:58 am

That sucks but I am sure you will find a way to keep busy while you heal.  I recently got a bunch of Christmas themed books from the library and they are really getting me into the holiday spirit.  You can also borrow music, books on tape, and movies from your local library for free.  I remember years ago when going through a really rough period in my life I ready an entire series of 20 books.  Another time I borrowed the top 50 movies of all time from the library in order.  Great distraction and it is free. Let us know what you decide to do with your free time.

Karen M.
on 12/4/14 7:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Those are FABULOUS suggestions to keep occupied and I love the ideas about how to get into the Christmas spirit - thanks for that. :)

Karen

roxytrim
on 12/4/14 3:18 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

you will be in good shape to heal faster, and just think of the less jiggling you will get for your running afterwards.  

Good luck.

kellybelly333
on 12/4/14 3:20 am - Toronto, Canada

Yep. I had it two years ago, and was thrilled with the results. So even more skin is gone with this fix, so less to jiggle....as long as I keep the weight off without exercise. :/

Most Active