Referral to Orientation?

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 4:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am so impatient. I know that TWH has had my referral since the first week of November 2014 but I still haven't received anything from them.  I hate waiting but know I am going to have to get used to waiting with this process.  Would you call to find out when the letter will be mailed?

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 5:21 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I waited until I got my package in the mail, that took nearly two months. But then when I did get the package, and did call, as it asks you do so anyway to confirm your attendance, I did inquire on cancellations. She bumped me up a month earlier, so I lucked out.

I do know TWH is backed up right now... but I don't see the harm in checking in. I'm sure you will hear any day now.. In the grand scheme of things, less then a month is nothing really. 

Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 5:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

Someone else told me that they are backed up too.  I wonder why?

I guess I'll just wait and be patient. 

What exactly comes in the mail? It is a package or just a letter. If it is a package what is in it?

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 5:38 am, edited 12/2/14 5:39 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Maybe it has to do with taking in HRRH patients, because they were REALLY backed up there, so many transferred to TWH. But most I have seen do the transfer, were just awaiting a surgery date, got it, and had their surgeries at TWH... But still, more patients coming into the TWH program, files being transferred etc, it is all going to account for some more backlog I am sure. 

Right before my surgery the nutritionist told me they were becoming very busy...TWH is pretty quick though, overall. I feel pretty lucky to be living in this province, our wait times are amazing compared to others.

In the mail, just a letter with the orientation date, and the number to call to RSVP. 

Time will fly by for you, jus****ch, it did for me... Good luck!

softballqueen89
on 12/3/14 4:04 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

It was almost 2 months from referral for my letter to arrive in the mail.  My orientation was scheduled for January of next year.  I called every other day looking for cancellations and they were able to get me in back in early November.  I have managed to bump all of my appointments thus far (you can see my dates in my signature).  Patience isn't my strong suit either...I know exactly how you feel.  Keep your eye on the prize...one day at a time :)

Referral: 08.13.14  Orient (TWH): 11.05.14  Social: 11.27.14  Nurse Prac: 12.10.14  Psych: 01.12.15 Nutrition Class: 11.18.14  Scope: 01.06.15  Dietician: 12.12.14  Meet Surgeon: 02.06.15  Pre-Op Testing: 02.18.15  SURGERY DATE: 02.24.15 (Dr. Okrainec)    

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/14 12:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Great news! My letter came today! My orientation is on January 9, 2015.

Most Active