What are you doing/eating today ( Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 11/28/14 6:21 pm

RNY  5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Golfing this morning - out to dinner this evening. 

STEPS - 4800

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 pure protein bar

L - 3/4 cup of tuna salad

1/2 cup of melon

D - Cheeseburger - no bun - all the fixings

S - Greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPA totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 915,  Carbs - 41 Grams,  Fat - 25 Grams,  Protein - 96 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 11/28/14 8:15 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb once again your menu looks yummy.  Enjoy your dinner out.

Today I woke up with a cold, I have felt I might be coming down with something.  I will do all I can to stop it from getting into my chest because once its there it usually hangs on for weeks.  So it's zinc lozenges, nettie pot, and whatever other home remedies you lovely people can suggest.

Tonight DH and I are going out for dinner with friends and to listen to live music.  I thin****il then I will get in plenty of fluids and maybe take a nap this afternoon.

B. Chike and lots of decaf

S. Another Chike and more decaf

L. Beef Broth with garlic and maybe ginger

S. Pumpkin protein shake

D. I was planning on BBQ chicken, cheesy grits, BBQ beans, but we'll see how I'm feeling, may end up having soup.

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

Have a great day 

kellybelly333
on 11/28/14 8:23 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning. 

Feeling great today. Running around with kids in the morning, and getting my hair done after. Going on a date tonight, so i'm not sure what the plans are for eats. Protein and veggies for sure!

B: Tim horton's bacon and egg wrap/protein coffee

L: pork tenderloin and spaghetti squash (so many leftovers!!)

S: starbucks latte

D: unknown

Above totals without dinner

Calories: 783 Carbs: 49 Fat: 26 Protein: 76

Have a great Saturday all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

crqvingchange
on 11/29/14 12:49 am

Kelly have fun on your date tonight.

Zizzler
on 11/28/14 9:47 pm

My old dog is sick so I am taking her to the vet today, I really hope they can do something but she is almost 15 years old so it may just be her time. She has not been eating well and vomiting at times, refusing treats, which she never does.  I can't even describe what my dog means to me as a single woman who lives alone -  I have had her for nearly 15 years now and I do not know what I will do when she dies. 

Last few weeks I have been feeling emotionally drained and exhausted and my mood has been low, so I have been trying to take extra care of myself.  Last night was the most stressed and exhausted than I have felt in a long time and I am embarrassed to say that I screwed up and ate the only junk that was in my house: 2 halloween size boxes of smarties.  Someone at work gave them to me and I meant to give them to my niece but instead they ended up in my pantry.  At least they are gone now and there is no other junk or trigger foods in the house. Lesson learned, I should have tossed them or given them away instead of bringing them home, or just said "no thank you". 

To be honest I have not been to the gym for my vigorous workouts in 4 days now and I know that is not helping the situation.  So this morning I will go to the gym, no excuses, and I know it will reduce my anxiety and I will feel better. Also plan to visit the sauna and do the massage chair while at the gym, those always help. I am back on track this morning with my eating and plan to stay that way.  What do you do when hugely stressed and exhausted that does not involve eating? I would love any suggestions.

b - premier protein shake

s - 1/2 quest bar, apple flavour

l - turkey cabbage casserole leftovers from freezer, or maybe extra lean meatballs with homemade marinara sauce

s - from freezer: heated sf egg muffin (banana vanilla coconut flavour)

d - beef barbacoa burrito bowl from mucho burrito, no rice or tortilla

s - grok cheese chips, possibly with marinara sauce

all vits and water

Have a nice day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

LeslieT
on 11/28/14 11:15 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I'm sorry about your dog Zizzler. I hope it all works out in the best possible way.

Leslie

Zizzler
on 11/28/14 11:20 pm

Thank you, she is my baby and it kills me to think of losing her.

Patm
on 11/28/14 11:20 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry about your dog. They are such a large part of our lives. I hope the vet can help

crqvingchange
on 11/29/14 12:46 am

Zizzler I am sorry to hear that your dog isn't well.  They are definitely family members and give love unconditionally, I'm sure you will be there for her no matter what the outcome.  Just the comfort of your voice and presence will ease her anxiety at the vets with all the strange smells and sounds.  Praying that the vet can help.

Zizzler
on 11/29/14 8:35 am

Thank you for caring. My regular vet was fully booked today so I will have to wait until Monday to see him.  He is the only vet I trust with my dog, best vet I have ever had.  No more vomiting since this morning and she is eating and drinking, does not seem to be in distress or pain.  I hope it is nothing and she is just getting old and thus looks thinner.

Most Active