Opti Day 1 !

jaxie77
on 11/26/14 6:03 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Fresh !!!! I just pm'd you this morning !! Wondering how you are doing !?!?! Thanks for your support darlin :) You're so lovely 

I can see what you are saying about the accomplishment with the Opti , I know it's only day 2 but I really feel like every time a mealtime passes , I feel one step closer and proud of myself for getting through it !! Sounds so small and weird but when you are so used to food being one of the main focusses of your day , it's great to see that you can get past it ! 

I'm getting there doll ! And with all you lovely chickies by my side I can do it !! no probs xx

Get back to me , let me know how things are for you so far , hope you are feeling good and healing well 

Jax x

Cloud
on 11/26/14 10:00 am

yes, add Benefibre to the shakes and you will be regular and better for the post-op constipation problems.

I only have two days left of two weeks, and I'm down at least 15.

(I, too, found I have started to enjoy them as I found the way I like them best. ... orange crystal lite with chocolate.. yum)

You can do this!

sadgirl89
on 11/26/14 10:40 am

Awwww I want to be just like you when I start opti so positive and ready to take on the challenge!

Karen M.
on 11/26/14 11:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

Then BE like her! It's up to you ;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Dreamy74
on 12/1/14 1:05 am
RNY on 02/04/15

jaxie77 how are you doing?  have the trots subsided?  I hope so!   Give us an update when you can!  xo

jaxie77
on 12/1/14 2:44 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Dreamy !

All is going good ! The trots pretty much subsided after the second day by lunch time . Then I feel like I've went the other way !!! I did get some benefibre and have been adding it to my shake and it seems to have helped a little . 

All is great  with it so far . I will say it is boring , and I think that is what I struggle with more than actual hunger for food ? But ,this is what we signed up for right ? Just got to get it done ! I found that adding a little sprinkling of Nescafe instant french vanilla or hazelnut coffee to my vanilla shakes , makes them absolutely delicious !!!  So that's what I've been doing . and I find The routine of it all gets me through it very easily . I wake up ,have my tea ( ginger or peppermint ) then I make my shake , and drink the rest of the bottle of water ....drink water all morning while working , then have my shake for lunch and a low sodium Oxo , more water ....same again at dinner and at night I have been allowing myself one diet Pepsi while watching TV along with water and some days a shake some day I only have 3 . 

According to my scale , I'm down 16 lbs since Tuesday morning !!! BUT ...I did weigh myself on thursday and I had lost 10  y that point .....but was seriously ******g like a racehorse NON STOP ! So I'm sure moSt of it is water weight. Still nice to see the scale move downwards though :) 

Overall , I feel very good , I have more energy already and I feel confident in myself for afterwards because I know I can do this . I have surprised myself for sure . It is amazing when you realize how food ( carbs mainly ) affect your body ! Gone is the sleepy fatigue feeling of my afternoons , and my muscles feel much more willing these last few days !! Lol . 

Anyway , sorry for rambling , I just feel good :) 

Hope you are well and thanks for checking in ! 

Jax xx

Dreamy74
on 12/1/14 3:30 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Jax you are doing amazingly!!!  I am so proud of you and happy for you!  You've got this!! 

Most Active