Follow Up Visits

nbeatty
on 11/21/14 2:44 am - Aurora, Canada
RNY on 10/03/14

Hi.  I'm about 7 weeks post-op and have a question about follow-up visits and medications and vitamins.  When I go to my 3 month visit, I presume they will take blood at that time.  So will I get a call if there's something wrong with a vitamin or cholesterol level?  If so, will it be from the doctor of internal medicine's office (in my case Dr Glazer from Humber)?  He discontinued all my medication for blood pressure, diabetes etc as I left the hospital.  Before that he had told me to take 4000 IU's extra of Vit D, as my D was low.  Is it that doctor that discusses these things?  Or do I need to follow up with my family doctor?  Thanks!

Orientation: Jan 27, 2014, Surgeon: Feb 14, 2014, Doctor Internal Medecine: May 5, 2014,  Nurse/Social Worker/Dietician: May 7, 2014, 2nd Visit Social Worker: June 20, 2014, 2nd visit Surgeon: July 11, 2014, PATT (HRRH): Sep 18, 2014 Surgery Date: Oct 3, 2014

Hollynik
on 11/21/14 4:02 am - Canada

Hi, I am with HRRH also and at the 3 month follow up blood work was done then about 2 weeks after that the dietician called and changed a few vitamins I was on.  When I left the hospital my blood level was low (normal for me tho) so a few days after being home I went and had blood work done by my family doctor to make sure everything was improving.  I wasn't on any medication for high blood pressure or diabetes tho, are you using monitors at home to check your levels for these.  I used a blood pressure monitor for the first couple months about once a day to make sure it was coming down as it was high in the hospital.  It was also checked with my doctor and at the 3 month follow up.  I think it's important to follow up with my family doctor so she knows where things stand and where my levels are since we only see the clinic every 3 months for the first year then only yearly.

Most Active