What are you doing/eating today ( Thursday)

ArleneAnne
on 11/20/14 12:57 am - Oakville, Canada

Greetings

And Good morning all !!

Still cold here ..... but at least we are escaping the snow that Buffalo is getting ! .... I would look out of the window there ..... and jump under the bed, dragging my blankies and my heating pad with me !!!!!!!!

As to today's Menus !!!! ..... WELL ..... perhaps you will have guessed it already !!

B - Boost and Protein Powder (but no wall washing !!!!)

L - Boost and Protein Powder

D- Boost and Protein Powder

BT - Boost and Protein Powder

Sneaks - either beef  or chicken broth

Do I sound as though I am in a bit of a rut !!!! ...... I accidently cheeted this morning ..... we have a garden on our balcony every summer ..... and managed to save numerous tiny green cherry tomatoes before the first bad frost ..... they are all lined up on the window cell turning red ..... while making breakfast this morning, I reached up and poped two especially great looking ones into my mouth ..... I was not until I had swallowed that I realized what I had done !! ..... and NO...If I had thought about it while still in the chewing stage I would NOT have spit it out ..... I was always raised that "NO SPITTING IS ALLOWED" so I am definitely NOT going to start breaking rules now!!

The kids are coming for supper this evening .... bringing it with they so I do not have to cook .... so I guess I will be alright with that .... actually ..... seeing my husband eat has not bothered me at all so far ..... so all should be well

Hope everyone has a great day

Catch up with you all later

Arlene

ArleneAnne
on 11/20/14 12:59 am - Oakville, Canada

hmmmm..... I just read the post and noticed that I said "Sneaks" ...... was that Freudian or what ?

Zizzler
on 11/20/14 5:44 am

Congratulations on your loss Barb, you are doing great! Finalky made the  Salisbury steaks recipe last night using that Mennonite recipe but substituted angus beef mini sliders for the homemade patties.  I like them and it is very filling. I used 1 carb ketchup and I think next time I will reduce the amount as I find it a little too sweet.  I got 12 servings for lunches at 1.5 sliders per meal.  Added a few yellow wax beans to each container as well. I love having more options in the freezer for quick meals and lunches.

13.9 weeks post op

b - premier protein shake 

s - 2 xl decaf coffee, 1/2 smart for life protein bar

l - leftover Salisbury steak with a few yellow wax beans

s - sf mandarin Greek yogurt, handful of almonds, grape sf kool aid...later 2 Melba toast

d - turkey cabbage casserole from freezer

s - sf low carb homemade bar made of coconut flour, decaf orange pekoe tea with milk

All water and vits

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Laurie_L
on 11/20/14 8:58 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

13 days Post Op! 

B- Strawberry Greek Yogurt 

S- Decaf Coffee w/ Vanilla Protein Powder!!! (My first coffee and it was deeeelicious!)

L- Baked Ricotta

S- MVP Vanilla Protein Shake

D- 1/2 cup Healthy Request Veg Beef Barley Soup

S- Cottage Cheese & another Decaf Protein Coffee!

Cal - 656  Protein - 81

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Karen M.
on 11/20/14 9:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Great looking menu again, Laurie! Your protein intake is awesome to say the least at only 2 weeks out. Your coffee-gasm made me laugh, I can completely relate. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laurie_L
on 11/20/14 10:07 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

Coffee-gasm! LOL  glad my stomach is healed enough for that laugh.. True though, I was in heaven after my first sip!

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Most Active