What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Karen M.
on 11/15/14 9:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Not a lot on the go today - it's appetizer (football) Sunday, house *stuff* and going to do a little cooking for the week. I love appetizer Sunday as it fits so well into my 6 small meals per day, allowing me to have yummy protein-forward "snacks" without over-indulging or eating crap/off plan. Obviously your mileage may vary - it works for me.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - crustless quiche (equal to 1.5 eggs + meat/cheese/veggies)

L - Source Greek 50, Chike protein iced coffee

S/D/S - a couple of each of the following: chicken wings, shrimp dipped in Sweet Thai chili sauce, homemade meatballs, thin crust bruschetta (I found extremely thin crust small square pizza crusts at Metro a couple of months ago - very good), veggies & dip, pickles, olives, old cheddar

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 11/15/14 10:13 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Karen just saw a weather report. They will be playing in -11. I can't imagine being in the stands. That is just crazy!

Got a lot of steps in yesterday. Not sure about today. Watching the snow come down. Fortunately it is melting. Trying out a couple of new recipes for dinner.

b greek yogurt, raspberries

l stir fry chicken with snow peas, mushrooms, zucchini

s apple

d Salisbury steak, salad

cal 871, prot 68.2

Karen M.
on 11/15/14 10:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oops, I wasn't clear - "football Sunday" means NFL on the TV. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 11/16/14 9:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry but Montreal won their game

jan32
on 11/16/14 1:15 am

B - 1/4 cup of plain oatmeal with a spoonful of protein powder and dash of cinnamon

S - bite of balance protein bar (shared with the kids while out shopping :) )

l - turkey sausage with a piece of cheese

s - greek yogurt

d - 1.5oz chicken burger

Santa Claus parade later so definitely a tims x-large coffee!

Zizzler
on 11/16/14 4:47 am

Blahh had to work today, just getting home now after doing my groceries. Next week will be the same thing, hopefully after I will actually get a regular weekend off for a change. These extra hours really wear you out, easy to make poor eating choices because you are feeling sorry for yourself, so important to really treat myself like a VIP when I do get a few moments to myself.  Today was the gym for a full workout of elliptical and weights and half an hour in the massage chair. Yes, I am sort of in love with the message chair. lol

13 weeks post op rny

b -  premier protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee from Tim Horton, sf greek yogurt cherry cranberry flavour

l - 1/2 cup beef meat chilli (no legumes in this one)

s - after workout: chocolate raspberry simply bar, like this flavour, sf skinnygirl white cherry drink while working out

d -  leftover turkey breakfast sausage marinara spinach puree

s - grok oven baked grana padano cheese snack, Deciso flavour.  omg I love these, good thing they are filling and 6g protein per 12g bag.

all vits and water

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

TES
on 11/16/14 6:50 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi folks ... woke up to snow today and basically had a 'sit on my butt' day since I had no desire to go out in it.  Meh.  Housework and crocheting was pretty much my day.  I have a few projects on the go so it was nice to just sit and focus on that for a few hours.

Today's Noms ...

(4 1/2 months post-op)

Breakfast:  1 hard boiled egg, half a cup of 1% cottage cheese

Lunch:  leftover chicken satay (approx 2 oz) and some left over Thai beef salad (1/2 cup)

Snack:  85 g tin of Cloverleaf peanut satay tuna with 2 Ryvita crackers

Dinner: 3 oz roasted chicken (mix of breast and dark meat), 1 tbsp of stuffing, 1/4 of a small baked potato, 1 tbsp of corn

Snack:  Probably won't need one, but if I do - it'll be some leftover chicken.

Enjoy the last of your weekend!

Laurie_L
on 11/16/14 7:58 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

My first what are you eating post! :)

9 days Post Op

B- 1 scrambled egg w/ cheese

S - cheese was too much with the egg, made way to heavy. Didnt have anything else but H20 until 2pm

L- Kaizen protein drink (35g protein!)

S- Greek Yogurt

D- 1/2 cup Potato, Leek & Bacon Soup w/ added protein powder

S- Kaizen protein drink

627 cals 94g protein

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Zizzler
on 11/16/14 8:22 am

Congratulations on your surgery and welcome!  I am also out of Ottawa.

I too find eggs difficult, even at 3 months post-op, I think it is fairly common.

Where do you get the Kaizen protein drinks?  Do they taste good?  Looks like they have a lot of protein, wow.

Your protein looks super good, keep up the good work - take it one day at a time.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Laurie_L
on 11/16/14 8:41 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

Thanks Zizzler :) I bought it at Costco yesterday. Getting sick of Choc Premier Protein and they dont seem to sell Vanilla :( I was a little shocked when I mixed it up today, though.  Its not a smooth creamy shake consistency, its like flavoured water.  I have my 1st appt on Tuesday so I will ask if its ok. I worry its water consistency will go right through without getting the protein. Shakes are thicker so will sit.  Do you think its ok?

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Most Active