What are you doing/eating today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 11/20/14 3:45 pm

RNY  5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Insomnia strikes again.  Hopefully I can grab a few more hours before the day gets going.  Meeting my trainer this morning for some weights, followed by a full day of chores

STEPS - 10,670

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 pure protein bar

L - 2 large ham and pickle roll ups

S - Greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

D - 6 oz pork tenderloin with green curry sauce

1/2 cup of jasmine rice

small green salad with full fat dressing

S - Greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,127,  Carbs - 77 Grams,  Fat - 36 Grams,  Protein - 126 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 11/20/14 6:46 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

17 months post open

Steps 8367

Morning Barb...I hope you are getting some more sleep.

At work already, no plans for the day.

B-protein coffee 1/2c ff cottage cheese 1/4 c fresh pineapple

S 1 source greek yogurt 6 cucumber slices

L 3 oz balsamic crock pot chicken 1/2c c garden salad

D 1 c turkey veg soup that I found in the freezer

Have a great day all and be well

Tanya

crqvingchange
on 11/20/14 7:31 pm

Good morning everyone.  Once again our internet was down since Saturday afternoon.  The Bell guy that came out to fix it started a fight with our neighbour, grrrrrrrr.  Let's hope that this 3rd fix lasts.

Warm pool domination has been going brilliantly.  Yesterday the pool was 97 degrees and they said they didn't like to let people in the pool when it is over 96, but we angry villagers protested and we were able to make some serious waves.  One good thing about the cold weather, it has kept some of the non-wavers at home and us serious wave-makers have been taking advantage of the increased space to move around.  Evil plan - coming - together.

Going out for dinner tonight with DH and friends and to listen to live music.

4 months post-op

B. Chike before Aqua Cycle

S. Pumpkin Spice overnight oats with walnuts, apples, pears, and raisins

L. Shrimp with PC Green Thai Curry Sauce and maybe a 1/8 cup of quinoa

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

D. BBQ chicken with BBQ beans and cheesy grits

S. Another Fit Frappe hot chocolate

Have a great day everyone, and try to stay warm.

TanyaLH
on 11/20/14 11:04 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

CC yaaa for the warm pool and making waves :)

Care to share the pumpkin oatmeal recipe....please!!!!!

crqvingchange
on 11/21/14 1:34 am

Hey Tanya, I really rocked to warm pool today.  I got to the centre with my Timmy's coffee in hand expecting to wait an hour for the cold pool and start AquaCardio in the deep end at 9:15 and then do AquaCycle at 10:00, but when I got to the centre at  8:00 no one had signed up for the warm pool at 8:15 so I kick got changed and had the warm pool all to myself, the instructor let me make as many waves as I wanted, it was absolute heaven.  Doing 3 Aquafit classes in a row surprisingly hasn't shattered me, infact, I am going to the gym for an hour this afternoon.  I just don't recognise this person I have become, but I like her.

As for the overnight oatmeal, it is a variation of AnnyBananny's from the RNY forum.  I take 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, lots of pumpkin pie spice, almond milk (you can use any liquid) quick cook oatmeal, some sweetener of your choice, chopped apples, chopped walnuts, raisins whatever you like, maybe pumpkin seeds.  Add enough liquid until it is soupy and leave it in the fridge overnight.  I make a big batch with a couple of servings.  You can eat it hot or cold.  Change it up with whatever ingredients you like.  Sometimes I add flavoured Greek yougurt, dried mango, papaya, dried black cherries.  I find it very satisfying and keeps me full for quite a while.

Karen M.
on 11/20/14 9:20 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Barb, sorry about the insomnia, I know how much it sucks. Maybe a great workout with your trainer will lead to a good sleep tonight.

CC, rock those waves girl! Tanya, have a great day at work!

House *stuff* to do today, a couple of errands to run, completion of my closet/wardrobe overhaul - soooo many clothes to donate again. Kinda sad to let a few pieces go that I had held onto as favourites in the event that I put on a few pounds in the past year leading up to my RTW - nope. lol Oh well. Someone will enjoy them. ;) Andrew is coming for the weekend (which is kind of funny as he lives exactly 1 minute from me), not sure what else other than stopping in to check on my parents.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake (likely due to the thicker consistency I have discovered that pills actually go down while drinking the shake - large relief since I am literally sick of yogurt lately)

S - roast beef/Havarti/pickle/horseradish roll-ups (2) - this is equal to 3 oz protein between the meat and cheese (weighed it out of curiosity)

L - 1/2 cup tuna salad, cucumber and peppers for dipping/scooping

S - Chike protein iced coffee, later: (2) mini-muffin sized crustless quiche

D - 4 oz meatloaf, lemon-basil green beans & mushrooms (I seem to be addicted to this lately)

S - not sure yet!

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

nbeatty
on 11/21/14 2:51 am - Aurora, Canada
RNY on 10/03/14

Hi Karen,

Do you have a recipe for the 'lemon-basil green beans & mushrooms'? That sounds good.

Orientation: Jan 27, 2014, Surgeon: Feb 14, 2014, Doctor Internal Medecine: May 5, 2014,  Nurse/Social Worker/Dietician: May 7, 2014, 2nd Visit Social Worker: June 20, 2014, 2nd visit Surgeon: July 11, 2014, PATT (HRRH): Sep 18, 2014 Surgery Date: Oct 3, 2014

Karen M.
on 11/22/14 3:07 am, edited 11/22/14 3:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sure! It is really a simple recipe and amounts are not exact, but to taste and preference.

Fresh green beans (par-boiled a couple of minutes), sliced mushrooms, lemon juice and basil (fresh finely chopped OR dried OR the fresh squeeze tube kind), a little butter for sautéing (or you could use a low fat oil & vinegar based salad dressing), salt and pepper to taste (I use a lot of pepper).

Par-boil green beans and set aside. Sautee mushrooms in butter or your choice of oily substance (butter is best, of course, but not necessarily on eveyones menu). When mushrooms are softened add a good squeeze of lemon juice and the basil. Add the green beans and continue sautéing for a minute or two. Serve.

Simple and delicious. :)

Karen

Patm
on 11/20/14 9:56 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Had my second knee shot yesterday. Good thing is this one didn't hurt as bad. I was going to go swimming today but need to leave work on time so can't stay late to make up the time. Going to a function at our church tonight. They are serving pizza and beer. Great diet food. So I will take some flavoured tea and a yogurt. I do not actually crave pizza and I find carbonated drinks irritate my stomach.

calories are low but I am not moving much today so will try to keep them low.

b egg white omelet with mushrooms and zucchini, cheese

s small apple

l ham and pea soup, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d chicken, broccoli

s yogurt

cal 850, carb 77.1, prot 82

Karen M.
on 11/20/14 10:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Your church is serving pizza and beer?! That's my kinda religion! lol

Karen