Over the knee Boots and my Big ole' Chunky calves...

birdiegirl
on 11/18/14 7:01 pm

You can also order online at Duo boots - just google duo and you will find the website.  They are from Briton - ship quickly-  You measure your calves and order specifically to your size.

My calves shrunk - and I can wear regular boots - however I dont like things tight so I ordered ones that dont grab my legs so much....

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:44 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Never heard of it! Will check it out, thank you!

Lori_Lee
on 11/19/14 2:18 am - Canada

Depends on how far off you are from goal.  I say keep them and aim for them with tights, then jeans!

You go girl! 

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:45 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

That is the look I am going for! Big comfy tunic sweaters, tights, and knee high boots! I still have a ways to go, I am only 30 days post op, hoping to get to 130lbs (I'm a shorty) So just over 100 more lbs to lose.

jenn1469
on 11/19/14 2:38 am

I say keep them!!! I had big legs but now that im  half way to goal my legs have gotten a lot smaller. If you always wanted some and you love them keep them and make them your goal. I have a goal outfit and now it fits so I went and bought a smaller one.

Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:46 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I've decided to keep them. I think I will get into them one day, and they don't go out of style, so if not this winter, next winter for sure! Congrats on the smaller goal outfit, that must have been an awesome feeling!

jenn1469
on 11/19/14 6:04 am

You no I have 4 of my toes are cut off do too ggiant ism my foot is thicker than a normal foot so I always thought that's why I couldn't wear boots and cute shoes but guess who has a close full now me actually OK with my foot for the first time in my life 

You will rock tthose boots before you no it

And thanks for the compliment

Jennifer

CCs_mum
on 11/19/14 2:46 am

I can totally relate.  I thought I would never be able to get knee-high boots.

My calves never seem to shrink, even after 169 pounds lost.

Well, last Wednesday we went to Payless to buy some shoes for my daughter when she pointed out some boots on display.  My husband grabbed me a pair to try on and holy s#!t they fit !

Now, I think that they might make them a bit wider at Payless but I don't care.... after 20 years of wanting, I finally could have and so I did.

You should keep the boots you love and with time those calves will shrink :-)

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:47 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Same, I have ALWAYS wished i could wear tall boots come winter! Congrats on your NSV and I hope your purchased them!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/19/14 2:50 am - MI

Yay for boots! Keep them!! You'll get there!

Most Active