Over the knee Boots and my Big ole' Chunky calves...

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/14 6:10 am, edited 11/18/14 6:11 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I am one of those girls who struggles with the fat calve syndrome. It has plagued me all my life. Even when I lost weight, my calves seemed to remain huge. Knee high boots always had to be slide on for me, with no zipper, and just were never the look I was going for.

WELL, being hit with a bout of insomnia a few days back, I did what I usually do, which is shop online. I purchased a pair of just slightly over the knee boots. I got them today. I would love to wear them with tights, and a stylish tunic, or jeans tucked in etc... I tried them on, and surprisingly they made it up to my knee. Unfortunately they bunched all around the ankle, and didn't make it up as high as they should go, and I also can't yet do up the zipper in the back all the way. I almost can! But not quite yet.

Now I am wondering, I love these boots, and they are cute and comfortable, I also got them on a 40% off sale! but will my calves shrink enough to one day wear them, I am not sure! Dilemma, dilemma! To return or to make one of my NSV's and hold on to them.

I want to wear cute boots too! 

Coco2013
on 11/18/14 6:54 am

Hi Jennifer, I know your situation well and as my daughter puts it we don't have fat calves we have skinny ankles. Lol and to answer your question YES I lost fat from my calves and for the first time since I was a teenager I am wearing knee high boots.

Cheers to the new boots

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:39 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

OH I HOPE one day!!! And congrats on your knee high boots lady!!

roxytrim
on 11/18/14 7:28 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Those boots were made for walking girl.  I bet you will be tripping the light fantastic in those babies by February.

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:40 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Hahahaha Tripping the light fantastic! You know it!

White Dove
on 11/18/14 12:06 pm - Warren, OH

You have to look for them but there are boots with a stretch panel in the back.  They will give you a couple of exra inches in the calf area and nobody will know your secret. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:41 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Will keep an eye out, have just found all the ones I love, do not have that option, including these ones I did purchase. One day I will get into them!

Seyenna
on 11/18/14 2:28 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I always picked up my boots from Additionelle/Penningtons, they make boots for wider calves. Here's the pair I got last year. Yes those are my own chunky calves, lol. I wonder if they'll still fit me when all of this is over... they may be too big, lol! 27 days to go!! 

My boots!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Needanewbeginning
on 11/18/14 9:23 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I have those boots as well!

Sadly, they don't fit very well now and my foot slides inside. Everyone is different but I think if they are tight now, they will be ok for you as you loose weight. These boots from last winter, I can't wear now.

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/14 4:43 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Oh those are stylish too! I have a few pairs I have found that do fit my huge calves, but these ones are slightly over the knee, they are really high. And yes, they will probably be too big after your journey! 27 days!!!

Most Active