How many meetings with a surgeon?

Cant-wait14
on 11/14/14 4:11 pm - Canada

I had my Orientation on September 4, 2014 and now have an appointment with Dr. Starr on December 12, 2014. 

No other appointments have been set and staff told me that this would not likely occur till next year. I noticed that some people list one meeting with a surgeon and others have two. 

Thanks

Seyenna
on 11/14/14 11:37 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I think it depends on your center, but I believe it should be 2 for most. You can see my timeline in my signature.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Hollynik
on 11/15/14 2:30 am - Canada

You will have 2 meetings with your surgeon through HRRH where Dr. Starr is out of.  You meet him in the very beginning, he will weigh you and discuss your surgery options then after you have been through all of your appointments you will see him again where he will go over everything again and have you sign forms then book you for surgery.  I have only heard good things about Dr. Starr, good luck to you as you begin your journey.

need_to_run_81
on 11/15/14 1:39 pm

We were in the same orientation!  We should keep in touch. I meet Dr. Starr on Monday, and my next set of appointments is in February (3rd).  I agree we meet Dr. Starr twice, just as another poster wrote.  

Pez
on 11/17/14 5:00 am - Oshawa, Canada

Dr.Starr did my surgery November 26th 2012, and I only had one appointment with him, and it was after my three appointments with the staff at HRRH.  It was there I found out I was good to go forward and got my surgery date at that time.

Most Active