Got a date......and its coming fast, i start opti now

Ipatton
on 11/19/14 11:02 pm - Canada

so I posted a few weeks ago about a transfer from HRRH to TWH as a surgery ready patient.  they offered this to me as my surgeon had a huge wait list and TWH still had dates available for Dec.  I was told that the transfer was simple and that I would have a date soon.  Then the transfer got all screwed up, one center said they sent my file over, the other said they never received it, 3 weeks went by and my hopes of a 2014 surgery were all but gone.  They called me the other day and said I needed to come in for another appointment on the 28th and we would pick a date then but it was not likely going to be in Dec. 

so to recap, I was prepared for the surgery and all mentally jazzed about it, then I was sent on an emotional and stressful few weeks of uncertainty and disappointment. I settled on the fact that I will have to wait until February to make the surgery work for me now with work and other commitments (the reason I wanted Dec is because it was perfect for work etc.)

Today they call me for an opening that happened on the 5th. 2 freaking weeks, start opti now, I don't know what to feel, I almost passed out.  I have so much to do In the next 2 weeks, excited, scared, overwhelmed........

Ipatton
on 11/19/14 11:02 pm - Canada

so I posted a few weeks ago about a transfer from HRRH to TWH as a surgery ready patient.  they offered this to me as my surgeon had a huge wait list and TWH still had dates available for Dec.  I was told that the transfer was simple and that I would have a date soon.  Then the transfer got all screwed up, one center said they sent my file over, the other said they never received it, 3 weeks went by and my hopes of a 2014 surgery were all but gone.  They called me the other day and said I needed to come in for another appointment on the 28th and we would pick a date then but it was not likely going to be in Dec. 

so to recap, I was prepared for the surgery and all mentally jazzed about it, then I was sent on an emotional and stressful few weeks of uncertainty and disappointment. I settled on the fact that I will have to wait until February to make the surgery work for me now with work and other commitments (the reason I wanted Dec is because it was perfect for work etc.)

Today they call me for an opening that happened on the 5th. 2 freaking weeks, start opti now, I don't know what to feel, I almost passed out.  I have so much to do In the next 2 weeks, excited, scared, overwhelmed........

Laurie C.
on 11/19/14 11:27 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

awesome, all you can do is hop on, follow the rules and ENJOY THE RIDE.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Catw
on 11/19/14 11:51 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Nice appointment.  Going quick might be a good thing.  Just don't over think things, and relax.  Get organized with the Opti, and get your vits for post surgery.  Don't over stock on anything right now.

As for this moment, just breath.

Cathy

Eireannach_lady
on 11/20/14 1:07 am - Canada
RNY on 12/05/14

Congratulations! 

my suregry date is December 5, too, at St Joes, Hamilton!!

"While we lie in the gutter, some are looking at the stars." ( Oscar Wilde )

Surgeon: Dr. Scott Gmora, St. Joe's,  Hamilton, ON, Canada, December 5 2014

Lori_Lee
on 11/20/14 1:09 am - Canada

Wonderful!! I agree, enjoy the ride and don't over think it.... getting your spot ready on the bench! :)

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

Patm
on 11/20/14 2:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What is your exact day and I will add you to the surgery lisrt

Ipatton
on 11/20/14 2:23 am - Canada

Dec 5th at TWH, not sure which surgeon yet

Ipatton
on 11/20/14 2:23 am - Canada

Dec 5th at TWH, not sure which surgeon yet

Karen M.
on 11/20/14 2:39 am - Mississauga, Canada

Congrats on getting your date - very exciting!

You may want to contact tech support at OH as all of your messages are double-posting. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/TechProb.php

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active