What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

TanyaLH
on 11/17/14 6:11 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

17 months post op

steps 8947

Good morning everyone,

OMG....it is freezing here, I am already done with winter...lol. Its very windy here.

Off to work shortly, then the gym after work :)

B- protein coffee, 1/2 c ff cottage cheese , mandarine orange

S- 2  melba w/ 1 oz lf goat cheese, 5 celery sticks 3 grape tomatos

L- 2 oz greek turkey burger wrapped in lettuce, 1/2 c homemade split pea and ham soup

D- same as lunch

S- 4 oz skim milk, 1 source greek yogurt

be well everyone,

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 11/17/14 6:48 pm

RNY  5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Cold where you are Tanya and rainy here.  Hoping to golf this afternoon.  If not will get some walking in for exercise.

STEPS - not sure -

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Panera egg/ham/cheddar power sandwich

S - 2 ham and pickle roll ups

L - assuming I am on the golf course - pure protein bar

D - 2 cups of beef stew

S - Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt with 1 TB of l/f granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu re: Calories - 1,018,  Carbs - 75 Grams,  Fat - 40 Grams,  Protein - 94 Grams

All water - likely 3 litres today - more coffee and all vits

Have a great one  

kellybelly333
on 11/17/14 7:48 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning. Didn't nap again yesterday and went to Walmart for an hour. Progression! I was tired and swollen after, but still....hmm...still....a word that doesn't suit me! Lol

today's menu:

b: Greek yogurt mix, protein coffee

l: leftover spaghetti squash and meat sauce

s: rest of lunch portion

d: chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and asparagus, and asparagus

all water and vits. Have a great day all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 11/17/14 10:14 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It must be relly hard for you to take it easy but remember you need to heal. Hope you start to feel better everyday

Patm
on 11/17/14 10:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wore long johns under my pants to work. The big chill was not welcome. Just work today. I will either do the treadmill later or a meditation yoga tape. I need to stretch out some muscles I used yesterday swimming. Loved my new $10.00 bathing suit. Didn't feel like the top was lowering when I pushed off from the wall like my other one.

Zizzler I was looking at making the almond milk. The recipe I saw called for 1/2c almonds with 1 cup water. That would be over 200 calories in almonds. I guess I will play with the amount of almonds.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l salisbury steak, salad, yogurt

s carrots, hummus

d meat balls in pasta sauce, salad

s ?

cal 904, carb 68.5, prot 62.7

Zizzler
on 11/18/14 5:34 am

Half a cup seems like lot of almonds, I would start with 15 natural Unroasted almonds, which works out to about 100 calories, then go from there.  I usually add ez-sweetz, which is sucralose if drinking it plain. Hope you like it, when I was a vegetarian I used to live on it!

ArleneAnne
on 11/17/14 10:57 pm - Oakville, Canada

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE !!!

Today I start my 2 week pre-op diet ..... I am more excited than words can explain !!!!

B - 1 bottle Boost Diabetic (Vanilla)

- 1 scoop Genuine Health Proteins +

- place in my lovely new pink Blender Bottle

- shake well

- clean off wall, chair, table, my face .... put my robe in wash !!

- rinse out Pink Blender Bottle

- add another Boost for Diabetic and another scoop of Genuine Health Proteins +

- shake well ..... THIS TIME HOLDING DOWN THE CAP ON MY PINK BLENDER BOTTLE

- sit quietly in kitchen and take 30 min. to drink above (and listen to my husband laugh !!)

S - 1 Beef Broth

L - Repeat of Breakfast  (hopefully without the spill sequence !! )

S - 1 glass Chicken Broth

D - Repeat of Breakfast ( definitely without the spill ..... I am a slow learner .... but I just HAVE to have figured it out by then !!!!)

S - Same as Dinner !

Snow here and VERY cold .... so frozen brain might explain earlier adventure .... no .... wait .... I have not been outside yet ...... guess I just have to acknowledge my Klutzyness and get on with the day !!! ...... get to pick up my Granddaughter from school, have her here for supper and then take her to Sparks (tiny Girl Guides) .... they are visiting the local fire hall tonight, so that should be more than a little exiting !!!!

Dolly K.
on 11/18/14 1:23 am

Congrats and my best wishes are with you for this new journey. I have to say your message made me laugh this morning. By dinner you will be a pro of making these shakes - lol.

Patm
on 11/18/14 1:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

In no time you will be a pro at the shakes. It did sound like something I would do. Good luck with your pre diet. At least you do not have to endure Opti

TES
on 11/18/14 3:00 am - Ottawa, Canada

Gah - went out of a 20 minute walk at lunch and damn near froze the girls off ... holy crap my body does NOT like the cold now.  I *almost* miss my 'natural insulation' (almost ... not quite  ).

Today's Noms ...

Breakfast:  1 cup Special K high protein cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk

Snack: 1 serving of Kay's Natural Protein Puffs.

Lunch:  1/2 cup chicken salad, 3 Ryvita snack bread, 1 slice lean deli ham

Snack:  Handful of almonds.

Dinner:  Broiled salmon with a honey/mustard glaze, 1/4 cup mashed carrots/turnip

Stay warm folks!

TES

Most Active