CPAP needed please

Sasquach
on 11/13/14 6:07 am - Canada

wow, its been quite a while since I have been on here. I am a few years post op and to be honest it did not go as well as I had hoped. I guess you could say I failed the surgery. It is definitely not something I am proud to talk about but its true.

The reason I am here today is my CPAP machine finally crapped out on me 2 days ago and I have not been sleeping all that well since. I do not qualify yet for subsidy for a new machine and it is no longer under warranty. If anyone has one they didnt pay for, no longer use and would like to donate it to a good cause, I would love to have it. I can send you the shipping charges thru paypal or E transfer, but other than that I cant afford to pay anything for it, what  with 2 kids, and a new granddaughter who all have birthdays this month and then Christmas. Please message me if you can help.

thank you to everyone that reads this, and good luck on your journey.

beme_atlast
on 11/13/14 6:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

I don't have a CPAP to offer but I just thought I would mention that the respiratory/CPAP clinic where I live have used machines for sale and loaners. I sure other centre's do as well.

Keep that in mind for plan "B".

Good luck...Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

pegawatt
on 11/13/14 7:03 am - Canada

SO SORRY BUT THAT WOULDN'T WORK AS THEY NEED TO BE SET UP BY SOMEONE FROM A SLEEP CLINIC SO YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO YOUR DR. AND START THE SLEEP CLINIC RITUAL AGAIN AS YOUR STATS PROBABLY HAVE CHANGED.

Sasquach
on 11/13/14 7:18 am - Canada

Actually, they are quite easy to set up yourself. The one i own which was a resmed I found the info online to change it. As long as you know your pressure you can change it yourself. The cpap dealers tell you that they have to change the pressure in order to get you back as a repeat customer and then charge you 40 bucks for somethong you can do yourself. 

Sasquach
on 11/13/14 7:20 am - Canada

Mine has used ones for sale. Unfortunately I cannot even afford those. I had a post on kijiji but I got no responses. When I was on here last, there were sevealr ppl that were giving away their machibes they no longer needed, so I though I would check here.

Referral sent Aug 24th 2010
Orientation Feb 22 2011 Windsor
**SURGERY NOV 23RD**

pegawatt
on 11/13/14 8:21 am - Canada

YOU STILL SHOULD GET RECHECKED AS YOUR STATS MIGHT HAVE CHANGED

Sasquach
on 11/13/14 10:04 am - Canada

Thanks for your concern pegawatt, but getting my stats rechecked will not get me the cpap I need. It is currently a 3 to 6 month wait just to get an appointmebt to see the Dr. Here in London. I know my pressure, and i have adjusted when I needed to. I have been using one for nearly 9 years now. The government will only help pay for one every 5 years. This was my second cpap.

Karen M.
on 11/13/14 8:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I am not able to help with the CPAP issue, sorry. I am also sorry to hear that your WLS has not gone as well as you had hoped - if you would like some assistance with nutrition and getting on track I am very happy to help you.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

beme_atlast
on 11/15/14 2:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Maybe you would have luck finding a CPAP if you posted on a couple of the other OH forums...just a thought.

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Most Active