Pain Relief??

lalalalaura13
on 11/11/14 11:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone - this goes out to everyone post-surgery - I'm almost 7 months out now.  I'm curious what kind of over the counter pain medication you get - specifically for menstrual cramps.  I know we're not supposed to take Ibuprofen and I used to take Advil but now I can't - so I'm curious what some of you have taken to curb menstrual cramps - Tylenol doesn't really do anything for me. 

Thanks in advance - look forward to hearing suggestions!

LittleMiss2013
on 11/12/14 1:13 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Unfortunately there is nothing that I have found, with exception to prescription strength pain medicine . I am over 1 year post op and OMG the period cramps...really. It's like full blown labor every month for 24 hours. Even perscription pain meds will not work the way they did prior to surgery...meaning they won't last as long.....maybe 1-2 hours.

I usually just suffer. I recently spoke to my Dr. about stopping my periods to avoid this. He gave me 10 pills of medroxyprogesterone a.k.a Provera and told me to take them. They are hormones. Not sure what I am supposed to do once the 10 pills are gone, but I haven't taken them because I'm nervous, lol. That might be something you want to look into though? Sorry I don't have any solutions that have WORKED for me so far....except maybe a percocet or something prescription strength. Good luck

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Catw
on 11/12/14 2:18 am - Arnprior, Canada

There is a Tylonal Menstral that does help. It's better for menstral pain and that than regular tylonal.  There are a couple other brands that aren't NSAID based as well.  I just can't remember the names.

I asked my GP about how to deal with the pain, and she put me back on the pill.  I know it's not an option for everyone.  It did help me though.  She didn't go over any other options with me so I don't know if there are any.  If you have a good GP, ask him/her about it.  They may be able to give you some options that fit our restrictions.

Cathy

Most Active