Room situation!!

Karen M.
on 11/11/14 10:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kimber291
on 11/12/14 12:26 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Lol I didn't get to go in the dwarf group although I'm sure at 4 foot 11 I could pass for one. Lmao

My surgery was scheduled for 1:30 pm, so it was me alone :)

Your very welcome.  It is nice to have an idea about the days events :)

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

1HealthyMomma
on 11/11/14 10:19 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I was at humber and 2 other people were in the room with me. It was fine. I was only there for one night and the nurses wake you up every couple hours so its really not a good place to sleep for anyone anyway. I would never pay what they want for a private room. All the best with your journey.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Freshlila
on 11/11/14 9:56 pm

Hiiii!!!! That is true the rooms are super expensive I believe I'm on my mothers partial insurance so if that works out it would be an easier decision 😭😭 You are awesome for going with the flo and making the best of everything, qualities I need to learn lol! Thank you for sharing lots!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/14 10:40 am, edited 11/11/14 10:57 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I upgraded to a private, and it was well worth the $40 more a night on top of what my plan covered. I am SOOOO glad I had peace and quiet, and my own space. There was an older man screaming profanities all night, in his sleep,  a few rooms down from me, he had a roommate, I felt terrible for whomever shared that room with him.  Congrats on getting the date!

Freshlila
on 11/11/14 9:58 pm

Girllll!!! You're rely making those private rooms enticing right now!!! Lol I think that is what I'll do, they sound too good to pass them up!!! Thank you for sharing and helping me with my decision! And congrats on the recent surgery!!!! I read all your posts and love them thanks for keepin' it real always Awhh yeah!!

Blueiiis
on 11/12/14 10:47 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Heck yes - it is worth the upgrade. I would have paid an extra $100 a night for 10 minutes of peace... I was in with a screamer, who never stopped yelling or moaning.  Not to mention her very loud and very large family. Private is the only way I will roll from now on. 

Karen M.
on 11/11/14 9:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Do you have sleep apnea? (You mentioned snoring)

If you do, be sure to bring your CPAP machine with you.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Freshlila
on 11/11/14 10:01 pm

Hiiiii Karen :D!! I did get tested for sleep Apnea and the results were negative I just snore super loud lol! But thanks for looking out I would have probably forgotten my Cpap if I had sleep apnea lol

thank you for your response Awhh yeah!!

Pegasus_AM
on 11/11/14 10:19 pm, edited 11/11/14 10:19 pm

Honestly I think the whole roommate thing is a crap shoot lol. I have had 3 back surgeries in the last year and I've had several roomates and only 1 disaster but really it wasn't her fault. She was an elderly lady that had had a stroke and could barely move, she kept crying all night and crying out. She was speaking/crying in Polish and English please let me die, please let me die. (I overheard the next day that she had been a very independent woman who at over 90 still lived on her own, I may have felt the same if I was in her situation) That was my first surgery, I was only in over night Thank God. The second surgery, I ended up with a very pleasant roommate, who would call the nurse for me because they put me on my left side but the call bell was attached to the right side. Every time she got out of bed she would come over and ask me if i was alright and if i needed anything. Again I was only in overnight, but she was very nice. Third surgery I was only suppose to be in for 3-4 days. I ended up with multiple blood clots and was in there for 2 weeks. I had 4 different roommates and they were all okay. The last one cried a lot but by then I was feeling much better and I would sit with her talking and consoling her till her family came. Her family was so kind they bought me a gift the day I went home :-) Not quite the same situation you will be in but just my perspective. The roommate thing is like gambling in Las Vegas it's a crap shoot. If you are really concerned then I would go the private room route. I wouldn't wait till the day you go to discuss a private room. I would be calling now to see if they can book one for you often the day of surgery you get slated wherever they have room, so special requests may need to be put in ahead of time. I would call just to ask, no harm in inquiring :-) Good Luck :-)

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Most Active