What are you doing/eating today ( Tuesday)

Sassy75
on 11/11/14 10:56 am - North York, Canada

Hey Karen, 

I had my surgery Aug 11 and they gave me 20 oxy's to take home.... Only a small dose but oxy all the same. I was surprised. They to,d me that one oxy and one Tylenol is the same as a Percocet. 

Karen M.
on 11/11/14 7:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

The difference for me being T3 doesn't touch the pain and causes huge stomach upset whereas Percocet diminishes pain and doesn't make me ill. Hopefully it'll be a looooong time (or never) that I ever need them again. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 11/10/14 9:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds horrible Kelly. Take care of yourself. Hope the pain subsides soon

TanyaLH
on 11/10/14 5:59 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

17 months post op

steps 10145

Barb, enjoy your busy day and have a safe flight home.

Kelly, I hope the pain subsides very soon for you, take care :)

So...almost 1 1/2 yrs out and I have come to the conclusion that I can never eat beef again! I kept trying it every couple weeks and always felt blah afterwards. Tried it last night for dinner, I was sick enough from it that I have decided that I am done with it. IHowever, I can eat homemade beef barley soup in very small servings and feel fine. Is this normal? is there anything normal about this lifestyle change? LOL

B- protein coffee, 1/2 c ff cottage cheese w/ 2 tbs diced mango

s- 1 egg muffin, more coffee

L- Spicy Thai Tuna (85 gr serving) 1/2 c sweet kale salad

D- chicken burger wrapped in lettuce w/ tomato onion avacado (my new fave)

S- 4 oz skim milk 1 source yogurt

Be well all

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 11/10/14 6:22 pm

Thats too bad re the beef Tanya.....I love a nice rare steak...I always think its too bad when someone just cant eat a food group....or sub-group in this case

How about stew?  made with beef tenderloin?  Can you heat hamburger? 

I know some people still cant tolerate eggs many years out....I dont know whether its a blessing or a curse but I can tolerate all protein - I am a dumper so I really watch sugar and high fat - especially together - but thankful I can eat dense meats.

TanyaLH
on 11/10/14 7:18 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Barb I can do ground beef in tomato sauce but not meatloaf...wierd! I think i will try beef stew. As for foods I can't tolerate...roast beef steak pasta rice and breads. I can tolerates sugar in very small does

birdiegirl
on 11/10/14 7:33 pm

Sounds like dry foods are the biggest issue eh?  Unfortunately I can eat bread...doesnt fill me up at all - so I have to say NO most of the time.  Like you, rice and pasta are a small dose food for me - and rarely.

I keep those little packets of gravy mix - McCormicks brand maybe? - and use them on dryer types of foods or leftovers to add some moisture.  Things will likely improve for you as you get further post op.

Karen M.
on 11/10/14 9:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Tanya, I couldn't do meatloaf either for quite some time despite it being very moist. Not sure why exactly, must have been the dense texture. I can eat it now (8.5 years later) but I still have to watch as it can occasionally get stuck. As for roast beef and steak - as long as it's rare, I'm okay, but it fills me very quickly. Leftover gravy for the roast helps a lot as does steak sauce or BBQ sauce for the steak. Pasta, rice, bread - in very small quantities for me. Pasta just a wee bit mostly the meat/veggie sauce, rice kills me (thought my intestine was going to explode after a cabbage roll this past weekend) and bread is better as toast. Over time, your body will (hopefully) adjust.

Karen

Lorieliz
on 11/14/14 1:59 am - Canada

I can't do steak...or roast beef unless it is pot roast..

I can eat chicken plain, and pork, just not beef

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Karen M.
on 11/10/14 9:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Enjoy your last day of warmth, Barb! Unfortunately you're coming home to a projected cold snap. :( Which movie are you seeing?

Dr. appointment this morning and I'm sure the discussion will turn to my return to work. It's all getting very real now after speaking with my insurance contact yesterday and I'm (very cautiously) excited about it. Heading to Costco to fill the car tank and to Talize after to (attempt to) continue my "work wardrobe re-build" project. We'll see what else the day brings though I will call and see if I can get a hair appointment - all of a sudden it's too long everywhere. lol Dinner with Andrew, we'll see what else the day brings. :)

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, sipping a Premier protein shake along with my coffee

S/L - one slice toast, 1/2 cup tuna salad, lettuce, tomato slices

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - chicken/veggie stir-fry

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Most Active