What are you doing/eating today ( Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 11/10/14 5:26 pm, edited 11/10/14 5:29 pm

5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Full day ahead - going to the movies this afternoon - flying home late this evening. I will get home in approx 22 hours so I am trying to spread my food out today and use protein bars for the in between times.

STEPS - 8600

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

3 oz sea bass

1/2 cup of jasmine rice

1/2 cup of bok choy

L - 4 oz grilled chicken

small green salad

S - 1 pure protein bar at the show

D - Lean burger

cheese

all the fixings

Arnolds thins bun

S - 1 pure protien bar on the plane

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,290,  Carbs - 93 Grams,  Fat - 43 Grams,  Protein - 129 Grams

All water and vits - lots of decaf coffee

Have a great one 

kellybelly333
on 11/10/14 5:32 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning Barb.

i had my scar revision yesterday and was in recover for six hours with low heart rate (37 bpm) and low oxygen saturation. The pain is so bad this time too. They said revision can be painful. Who knew? I'm taking Tylenol 3, which seems to subside after two hours. Counting the minutes until my next dose. Anyhow I'll be fine soon enough.

doing two - 3 protein shakes today and light eating. Doing slow laps every time I'm up to pee or for meds. So there's my exercise lol

safe flight home!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 11/10/14 5:40 pm

Ahh Kelly - ughh.  Glad the tylenol 3 doesnt bother you.  Does it have codeine in it?  Codeine seems to rip my stomach apart.

Everytime I think of more plastics I think of going thru all of that again...and the risk involved and I just dont know if I can do it.  ( a revision is different and I completely understand)  I certainly hope it subsides for you soon.

Take care - try to project a few days down the road when this is over and you are on the mend

kellybelly333
on 11/10/14 5:59 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Barb. This should be it for me. The Tylenol 3 is ripping my stomach apart. I was ticked that I want given Oxy. For some reasin she doesn't prescribe it anymore. Perhaps patients were getting addicted? Oh well. I am eating crackers when I take it and that is helping (hence the up in protein shakes to level out the cracker intake lol). This was also my third fix on this spot. (Second fix was dog ears done locally...gah). No muscle repair this time and worse pain. I didn't take any meds after the original surgery...with muscle repair. I was feeling like a wimp when they explained that it's worse with each subsequent fix. Glad they told me. I thought my pain tolerance went from excellent to crappy!

my project is Downton Abbey this week lol

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 11/11/14 1:51 am

Kelly sorry to hear about your pain, I hope it gets better soon.  I hear Downton Abbey is fantastic!!  Can they give you doladid(spelling?), not sure of spelling.  I found that was the stuff that really helped me after surgery. Slept like a baby. 

Lorieliz
on 11/14/14 1:57 am - Canada

Wow! I thought I was the only one that had issues with codeine. Feels like I am going to die with the tummy pain...wonder why..

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Monica9811
on 11/10/14 6:37 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Hope you feel better soon Kelly. What exactly is a scar revision?  Im not familiar with it. 

kellybelly333
on 11/10/14 7:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Monica!

my revision was due to a few issues. The first, my PS wasn't happy with my outcome around my belly button and I had large dog ears. Dog ears are extra skin around the hip area. I had that fixed a year ago under local anaesthetic. It immediately swelled beyond belief and I ended up back in emerg with a hematoma on one side and a Seroma on the other. this didn't heal properly. She submitted to OHIP after that for a full revision to fix the belly button and any adhesions I had as a result. I think I was in for two hours, and was only supposed to be an hour. Not sure why that is. I was in the OR at 8 and under shortly after that. In recovery at 10:15. I'll find out on the 2nd what that was about.

Monica9811
on 11/10/14 8:25 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I hope you heal quickly and without anymore complications!

Karen M.
on 11/10/14 9:17 pm, edited 11/10/14 10:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Kelly, glad to see you posting. Sorry you're in so much pain and that you have to take T3s - they hurt my gut terribly too (it's the codeine I'm sure) and I always ask for Percocet. You are correct that they don't want to prescribe other narcotics than the T3 since the fairly recent public outcry regarding addiction and physician over-prescription of these. It's a shame for those of us who truly need them.

Be kind to yourself and take it easy! I hope you're feeling more like yourself today.

Karen XO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active