Gall Bladder Attack

Wesley T.
on 11/14/14 2:29 am - Canada

Hello,

I had my first and hopefully LAST Gall Bladder Attack. It was one of the most painful and groaning enduring pains that I have ever experienced. And I have a high pain tolerance! 

How will this affect my Surgery? I went in to the ER and had that sonar scanning of my bowels etc.. The Doctor said that my Gall Bladder was "Full of Stones". Clearly has been my bad diet over the past I have no excuse, however this was the first time I had experienced it really. Lasted for a colic 2 days! 

I have heard some members on the board say that the Gall Bladder can be taken out with the WLS Surgery. Is this possible? 

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

Karen M.
on 11/14/14 2:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ugh - sorry to hear that, Wes. When I had attacks I swear I thought I was having a heart attack and the pain was worse than childbirth. The gallbladder is quite frequently removed during WLS in the States - you will have to get guidance from your surgeon on whether that is an option for you.

While you are waiting for advice, avoid all high fat foods (or even semi-high(er)) as this can set off an attack. Did they not provide you with "next steps" when you were in the ER? Sometimes they will plan a surgery and remove the gallbladder really quickly (like, the next day for example).

Get on your doctors and get it taken care of asap. Gallbladder attacks are the worst and you do NOT want to have to keep dealing with that kind of pain and agony. Go back to the ER if it happens again, right away.

Take care,

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Wesley T.
on 11/14/14 5:46 am - Canada

Hi Karen,

My file is in transfer to Toronto Western right now. They believe I can have my surgery in Feb 15. Number one is to inform them when they get in contact with me/ or me them, that I have these attacks. The ER didn't even give me Tylenol... Unless the Gall Bladder is inflamed causing an infection or blockage so bad, they wouldn't operate. It is considered an elective surgery and in North Bay it is 95 days the wait time as on the Ministry Website.

Oh the agony was so depressing too, it lasted and consumed my energy I was so exhausted. Thank you for the advice! 

Wes

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

Most Active