Shovelled the driveway this morning....

Dave_J
on 11/11/14 7:51 am - Canada

For many, this wouldn't be a big deal, but doing it at 440 lbs, I wouldn't do it and would break out the snowblower.  This morning, after going to the gym for a couple of hours, I decided to shovel the driveway right after I got home, and get rid of the 4+ inches of snow that had accumulated overnight.  At 290, I'm still a pretty big boy, but there was no issues whatsoever- not tired, panting or anything like that.  In fact, right after, I went for my 1 hour walk.  In fact, I actually found that harder as I hate walking in the snow.

What a difference does 150 lbs make....

Dave

Started Optifast April 8, 2014, and had surgery May 6, 2014 @ St. Joe's, Toronto, Dr. Lindsay

Leanne1
on 11/11/14 8:35 am - Newmarket, Canada

WOOT!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

highlandbear
on 11/11/14 9:02 am - Canada

150 makes a big difference. Please be careful when shoveling and remember it is a workout so it is important to warm yourself up for it. Most people don't and they end up hurt. You should also do stretches afterwards and by the way you can keep the snow there. don't want it here

Catw
on 11/11/14 10:58 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I remember having that NSV myself.  It felt empowering to be able to shovel the driveway and not just a 2 foot square section.  Although, I'm still greatful to my neighbor with a snowblower who deals with what the snow plow leaves behind ;o)  The rest, I don't mind shoveling. It is a work out, but it's a good one.

Cathy

Most Active