Mashed potatoes

mysha
on 11/14/14 1:45 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Due to start soft foods next week...instant mashed vs homemade...what is your take on this?

RYMEBE73
on 11/14/14 1:50 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

I'm still pre-op but I would think as natural as you can have them?  Watch the salt in the instant?

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

mysha
on 11/14/14 1:57 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

So true...and it's not like I don't have any time on my hands!!  LOL

NorthernStar
on 11/14/14 2:18 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

No way to the instant. It may be easier but it's time to kick processed foods to the curb. I love mashed potatoes (thought I don't eat them often) and would only eat the real thing, the packaged kind tastes like garbage to me.

Consider mashed sweet potatoe or cauliflower as well as an alternative. Mashed cauli can be delicious and much better for you. I whizz it through the food processor to make it smooth then top it off with salt, pepper, garlic powder - whatever you like! There's a ton of recipes for this. You can also do half potatoes and half cauli, you'd never know there was cauli in them! There is a recipe for this in the Complete WLS Guide.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

pegawatt
on 11/14/14 2:51 am - Canada

LOVE the half potatoe and cauliflower mix so good I add cheese to it for protein,yummy

Karen M.
on 11/14/14 3:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Exactly this. Protein is first, always.

Besides, cheese (like bacon) makes everything better.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mysha
on 11/15/14 3:38 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

I was jumping ahead...I meant to say starting puree next week...my plan allows for mashed potatoes.  I love the idea of the cauliflower..it will certainly be on my list of things to try.  Still waiting to get past my two week period so I can drive myself to the store.

Most Active