Weight loss slowing down...

beme_atlast
on 11/13/14 2:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

I have a question but here is the background first. I am about 6 1/2 mths post RNY surgery. I am currently logging my food in MFP, eating about 900 calories a day and getting between 80-100 grams of protein daily. I find my weight loss is now slowing down. I have to add that I have also had 2 surgeries, one of them quite major, since my gastric bypass. They were both completely unrelated (of the female variety). I am 2 weeks away from getting the all clear to exercise and take up my normal activities. 

So... questions: Is this slowing down normal at this point and does it mean the honeymoon is over?  If I'm not getting in all my fluids/water, will this slow down my weight loss?

What can I do to jump start my weight loss again?

I would appreciate your thoughts!!!

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Karen M.
on 11/13/14 3:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my gosh Jane, you have SO much time left on your side. You've had 2 additional surgeries in addition to your WLS in a short 6 1/2 months. Your body is likely still reeling from all of this and still working on healing. You will go through times where your weight loss slows, stops, re-starts, drops, gains, re-starts.... you get the idea. At 6.5 months post-op you are in no way done, finished or even stalled and the general thought is that a "honeymoon period" is at least the first 12-18 months with RNY.

Your body will slow down the further out you get simply because you have less to lose. You definitely need to keep up with your fluid intake, yes. If you feel you need some sort of "jump start" lower the carbs and up the protein and water.

Keep going - I feel like you've only just begun.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

beme_atlast
on 11/13/14 4:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Thanks Karen...I soooo easy to think the worst. The reassurance helps!!! I'll try to stop worrying and just work my plan.

BTW...you are an inspiration to all of us *****ad this board 

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Karen M.
on 11/13/14 4:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

At some points I could have easily convinced myself that I would be the only person on earth that WLS wouldn't work for. LOL Of course, I was wrong (don't tell anyone). ;)

And it is my pleasure, passion and overall "happy place" to "pay it forward" whenever/wherever I can. Thank you for your kind words.

K. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active