Burning sensation in intestines 3 weeks post op

caramilk016
on 11/12/14 12:39 am - Mississauga , Canada
RNY on 10/22/14

Hi Everyone!

Today I am 3 weeks post-op. Everything has been great. I popped a stitch in my first week, but that is all healed now. There is still a slight pull from that side but it's getting better.

Up until a few days ago, I was taking a probiotic. I just ran out, and have noticed that I have a slight burning feeling in my intestines. 

This happens when I drink water or something else. I don't notice it when I'm eating. I'm going for my 1 month follow up next Wednesday at TWH.

I don't think it's an ulcer as I have no other pain or symptoms. Just this burning sensation in my intestines. It's not always present, usually first thing in the morning and later at night.

I've tried searching online for any solutions, and I've found everything from gallstones, to ulcer, to gas to normal. I am on a drug prescribed my the surgeon to prevent acid reflux called pantoprazole. WHich I take religiously twice a day as prescribed.

Any ideas? 

Catw
on 11/12/14 2:12 am - Arnprior, Canada

Contact your centre and see what they say.  They may want to you to come in early to see it.

Cathy

Most Active