Feeling So Unmotivated

ronshoneygirl23
on 11/11/14 9:55 pm

Hi Everyone, I had my Orientation on Sept 4th and have not heard one word from HRRH. I am not worried as I just got a surgery date of Dec. 8th for a Bilateral Knee Replacement. So I need time to get over my knee surgery before the RNY. I have been trying to lose some weight before my surgery and have failed miserably. I am so discouraged at this point I just want to cry. I know that this is why I am going to have the RNY done. I kind of figure from what I have been reading here that it won't be getting bypass surgery until close to next summer. I have been trying to eat the protein bars and shakes but still am so hungry at night. I do well all day then in the evening I can't stand the hunger. I have tried having a warm drink and saving a protein bar until evening but I get so unbearably hungry by bedtime that I can't sleep. My mind just doesn't seem to be in the right place right now. I just need to vent to people who understand what I am going through as I have been overweight most of my life. I have been morbidly Obese for almost all of my 57 years. So have been on the weight Merry-go-round for most of it. Thanks for lending your ear.  Being 295lbs I feel like any goal is so far out of reach right now.

Christy

Catw
on 11/11/14 10:26 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Don't be discouraged, it took 57 years to get to where you are, it will take a bit to get to where you are going.  I'm not sure what all you've been doing to change, sorry if I give suggestions you have already tried.

Journal everything, food, activity, emotions, everything.  Do this without any changes to your diet for a week, and see what you are doing.  If you are honest, it will give you a good picture.

When you look at your journal, pick one thing, just one, that you want to change and change it.  I'm not saying big.  Could be as simple as making sure you are drinking minimum 8 glasses of water.  Or cutting down/out pop.  Once you think you have gotten that, pick something else (and keep journaling).  Taking small bites of work, is a lot easier than taking one big bite.  And easier to continue.

If you are having problems with munchies at night, try taking up a hobby.  Do jigsaw puzzles, word searches, crafts, knit, sew, whatever you want.  It will help keep your mind occupied, and it won't think of going for food.

I wish you luck on this, and on your surgery next month.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 11/11/14 10:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I know what 295 pounds feels like - I've been there. Right now you are working toward a knee surgery. You will need good health and strength to heal from that - this isn't the time to be trying to "diet" with shakes and bars. You're right, your mind isn't in the right place, and for good reason. I would focus on healthful eating, not dieting. Eat a high protein menu, limit the carbs, cut out sugar, try for healthy fats. Doing this can only lead to better overall health without depriving your body at this time. You NEED your strength to heal your knee.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ronshoneygirl23
on 11/12/14 4:49 am

Thanks so much Girls. I know I have a lot on my plate right now. I thank you all for motivating me in so many ways. I really do know that all these things are things I have done in the past and succeeded. I just need a good kick in the pants to get where I need to be. Just feeling really down right now and I just need to feel the support of others who have been where I am and know that my dreams can come true for being healthy. I have lots to be thankful for and a great family to support me. I think the reality of the knee surgery is just hitting me now. I just pray I can do this. Again, thank you for all the kind words of encouragement.

Christy

Most Active