What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

Zizzler
on 11/12/14 8:42 pm

great idea, thanks for posting it. Many years ago I did this during a very stressful period and it did help a lot.  I am going to try it again.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/14 3:43 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Where do you get the protein hot chocolate?  I want to give that a try.

Zizzler
on 11/12/14 8:50 pm

I just warm up some unsweetened chocolate almond milk in the microwave for a few minutes and then whisk in whey protein powder and sucralose to taste. Just make sure the milk is not too hot or the protein will curdle. Usually I measure this with a food thermometer if I am not sure, usually if it is under 130c it will not curdle, especially if you use a whisk to mix in the protein powder.  You can play around with this recipe, add more cocoa powder or use different flavourings.  Hope you like it.

jan32
on 11/11/14 11:52 pm

6.75 weeks post op

steps 11700

B - 1/2 cup all bran cereal mixed with greek yogurt

S - coffee (plus a rice cake, dam those things..got home from being at the clinic with my daughter who is home sick and grabbed without thinking...yes I shouldn't keep in the house but my youngest likes them in her lunch kit)

l - 1.5 chicken and 30g cheese

S- pb2 on pop crisp

D - chicken chili (have pork loin in the crockpot for the family but afraid to try it and our centre wants us to avoid red meat/pork for 6 months)

S - greek yogurt 

Ripped in 30 done in the am, hoping for another cardio sometime today since I am home with a sick kid.

Stay warm people..bitter cold out there!

Patm
on 11/12/14 1:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Intended to go to work today but laid down for a moment and fell asleep for another 3 hours. So will probably go tomorrow. I have not been walking or doing any exercise. I will try the treadmill this afternoon. My joints get stiff if I do not move enough. 

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l turkey squash casserole, source yogurt

s protein shake with skim milk

d beef in gravy, salad

s chocolate pudding

Probably too much food for a lazy day but I know if I do not eat I will graze

TES
on 11/12/14 2:23 am - Ottawa, Canada

... So I started posting in here, then wandered off and got distracted.  So let's try this again. :)

Just a little happy news - got weighed this morning and I am down exactly 90 lbs since my surgery in July.  It's my mini-goal to lose 10 more lbs before my birthday at the end of December.  100 lbs would be a great gift to myself.

Work today after a nice 4-day weekend.  Did a little walk at lunch and will probably take a stroll after dinner if it isn't too cold. (Doesn't take much to un-motivate me).

Food today:

Breakfast: Hi-Low Protein Cereal with skim milk.

Morning snack:  Package of Kay's Natural's Protein Pretzels

Lunch:  a few bites of leftover Tofu shirataki noodle with tuna and chick peas in tomato sauce - didn't appeal to the taste buds today though I enjoyed it last night.  Had 1/2 of a Clif's Powerbuilder bar to make up for not eating what I brought.

Afternoon Snack:  Cheese stick and a few almonds

Dinner:  Braised chicken breast and mashed cauliflower

Evening snack:  Half an apple with a smear of almond butter.

Have a great day!

Karen M.
on 11/12/14 2:42 am - Mississauga, Canada

Glad to see you back on the thread, TES. :)

You've already given yourself a HUGE gift, that other 10 pounds is the "icing on the birthday cake".

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active