5 years surgery Anniversary

highlandbear
on 11/11/14 8:53 am - Canada

I can not believe that you are doing around the bay. You will love it. We will have to meet up somewhere just to say hi because if we are honest there is no way I will be running with you. You are way to fast for me. I can introduce you to some people who would be your speed and would keep you company in the run. I will be glad to share my training schedule with you. We will probably start in Jan and I can share schedule and you can do it there. The hill training is so important for this race. Can not stress that enough. 

You are an amazing person and I know one day you will be doing Boston and doing Iron Man. Proud of you girl

birdiegirl
on 11/10/14 5:36 pm

You are amazing Barb!  I am just floored when I read of your running accomplishments.

Now I just love leftovers...lol....in fact I cook up more then we can eat every time so I have some.  But - you have found out what works for you and thats whats important

Its so true that you have to watch everything that goes in your mouth - just like normal thin people who watch what they eat.  I am with you that this surgery saved my life - emotionaly as well as physically.  I dont know what is coming down the pipe in the years to come - and there may be complications that will cause me grief due to my gastric bypass - however, I LIVE now fully which I am forever grateful.  I know you are too.

All the best - keep running kiddo and enjoying your life.

highlandbear
on 11/11/14 8:59 am - Canada

you make me jealous with leftovers. I always cook to much and my husband has it for days because I think we can have it tomorrow and I take a few bites and I am done. None of us know what might happen in the future from this surgery  but than if we did not have it we may not be alive now. We all have to live one day at a time. We don't know how long we have to live. Enjoy today for tomorrow may not be.  

You have always been a big help to me when I needed it and I thank you for that.

NewMe2.0
on 11/10/14 8:56 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Congratulations on your 5 years.  What a great accomplishment and achievement.  You are one of the great inspirations on this board. 

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Most Active