Surgery on the 10th

Tish24
on 10/25/14 10:44 am - Owen Sound, Canada

I heard about the coffee. Bought some today to have on hand. I wonder why each place is so different.

Karen M.
on 10/25/14 10:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

If you look on the Ontario Recipes forum (link in my signature) you will find a thread there called "Surviving Optifast" that has many good ideas for making Optifast more tolerable.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laurie_L
on 10/27/14 2:28 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

I started my Optifast on October 17th, my surgery is November 7th (Ottawa)  I like both flavours, Vanilla & Chocolate.  

I have been adding the following to Chocolate;

Decaf Coffee, Banana Extract, Caramel Extract, Coconut Extract, Peppermint Extract, Orange Extract

And to Vanilla;

Pumpkin Pie Spice (my favourite), I Soak a Chai Spice decaf tea bag in cool water then use tha****er for my shake, Banana, Caramel and Orange extract

I've tried the Jello mixes in them as well, I'm not a sugar free jello fan, I find there is after taste to it so I haven't used those since the first couple of days.

I have broth, can only tollerate the chicken for some reason..

I have also bought sugar free freezies, I've had a couple, its nice to have something to crunch. :) 

Good luck! Stay strong.. if you haven't ditched caffinated drinks like coffee yet, I would start cutting back a lot now.  I didn't wait so when I started my shakes, I was tired, not a lot of energy, I heard that is a sympton of withdrawl.  So that plus being cranky and hungry for a few days until I got used to it.  Each day gets better than the next.. :)

Tish24
on 10/27/14 7:43 am - Owen Sound, Canada

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not allowed anything but the extracts, and coffee crystals. Im allowed two cups of certain vegetables..cucumber, green pepper, celery, and brocolli. No dressing but lemon or vinegar. Im allowed the broth and flavourings for my water ( crystal light) I just discovered that the drink needs to be cold,really, really, cold. Goes down better that way. 

Good luck on the 7th, I'm sure everything will go great for you.

Loaf
on 10/28/14 12:53 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Shake it, and Pound it.   Dont cut it with anything.  Just Chug a lug.. and get it done.!

thats my advice.

Cabbage and celery and chicken broth are your friends.

Most Active