Jello popsicles

mysha
on 10/25/14 5:38 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

On day 6 of 14 of Optifast...discovered Jello sugar free popsicles...have been unable to find sugar free popsicles anywhere in Thunder Bay and really needing something to change things up so I googled Jello popsicles.  Most recipes ask for sugar but I just followed the instructions on a sugar free Jello box and poured it into the molds...having my first one now and the result is yum!  Trying to keep busy around the house and have water on hand at all times.  Does anyone else have any tips/ tricks??

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 7:03 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Awesome idea, Mysha!  Thanks for that -- I'm squirreling away options for the Opti period and this one sounds great!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Tish24
on 10/25/14 7:43 am - Owen Sound, Canada

Can you have jello on the Optifast?

Karen M.
on 10/25/14 7:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

Depends which bariatric centre you're with, you'll have to check with yours.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Tish24
on 10/25/14 8:04 am - Owen Sound, Canada

I'm having my surgery in Toronto at the Finch site. I haven't seen jello on any of the info I was given.

Karen M.
on 10/25/14 8:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

I would guess that sugar free jello is a no for you then, since it isn't listed. You can always call and ask.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mysha
on 10/25/14 9:57 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Sugar free jello is allowed on our diet in Thunder Bay...the first few bites of these creations can have a gelatin like consistency weird but still good.  I know the diets can range within the province...some even get to have vegetables (which would be delightful right about now)..so yes, please check locally.

mermaidz
on 10/25/14 11:36 am - Brampton, Canada

I was at the Finch site when I had my bypass. You could have a cup of vegetables (very restricted but I so looked forward to it)

It's so hard because of those inconsistencies in the various programs but really what harm would a cup of veggies do you? Mushrooms, celery, green pepper, spanish onion.I think there may have been another veggie but.......

It was so nice to bite into something solid at the end of the day. I used to saute it in vegetable broth. Just that one cup made it much more tolerable.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

kimber291
on 10/26/14 8:14 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I was out of Humber as well. The veggies I was allowed while on opti was green peppers, celery and cucumbers. That was just in January. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active