Final Stretch

Loaf
on 10/28/14 3:38 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

So it comes down to this.  I have 3 Opti Fast Left. Then broth for 2 days.     I think this is going to be the hardest part of the whole thing.

Has anybody gotten this far and really just wanted to say F – IT.   I know this is my addiction to food talking. but is a huge mind f**K. I just want to call it in and have a big bowl of Pasta.

I feel so empty, my soul is lacking.   What a sick comment right? Who’s soul is empty because they cant eat. A Fat person.. that’s who….

Well I don’t want to be that guy any more. 3 days till im on the bench.

On the Plus side.

Since starting Opti I have lost 15 lbs.

The 44 Jeans that I have been squeezing into for the last 3 years… probably fit the way they should.

I have stopped my diamicrion and my Victoza (Last report I cut the dose in half) all together. Still on the Metformin, I am sure that will stop or decrease in the next few weeks.

Im looking forward to some yogurt and eventually eggs, but one thing at a time.

That seems so sad to me. I am looking forward to my first bowl of yogurt. And Premier. I miss my premier.   Now that’s sad!

Are there any Men in the Burlington Area that would like to text or chat? Would be interested in talking to some Slever Men in my neck of the woods

Wish me luck… and will keep you posted to how things are going over the next few days.

msmuggins
on 10/28/14 4:30 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Good luck!  You're almost there... and you're going to be so happy that you said no to that bowl of pasta.  Seriously, we all have that voice inside us that makes food into a do or die thing, but the voice is lying (you're right, it's the addiction talking).  Thankfully WLS seems to shut that voice up for awhile and put you in the driver's seat long enough that you can get the voice under control.  The light is at the end of the tunnel!  

Thanks too for the big lol:  "Who's soul is empty because they can't eat. A Fat person... that's who."  I nearly choked on my coffee.  Funny but true.  

We're all cheering for you... wishing you peaceful days until your surgery.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

lyshy
on 10/28/14 10:53 am - Canada

Wishing you luck.  It's only a few more days....you can do it!!!!  Don't quit now!  You got this.  

Stay strong....keep the end goal in mind!

Guelph - Referral: August '14. Orientation: Oct 23/14. Nurse: Nov 26/14. Dietician/SW: Dec 12/14. Nurse 2/Dietician 2: Jan 20/15. SW 2: Jan 30/15 CLEARED by all 3! Feb '15: H Pylori testing.  Pre-surgery nutrition class: Mar 23/15.  Meet surgeon: May 22/15 with Dr.Reed   Surgeon Appt #2: June 16/15.  Surgery date: Aug 20/15.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/14 11:28 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I can totally relate to this post! You are almost there, stay strong!

Jiliana2
on 10/28/14 10:21 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Hang in there! You are soooo close!

OMG! Congrats on the Opti loss; that's fantastic! You're already well on your way and you will do great as long as you stick to your surgeon's plan. (I agree, yogourt and eggs were definitely things I looked forward to after my surgery!)

Do let us know how things are going; you've already changed your meds so it's obvious to me that something is working really well for you!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active