1on1's over and I have a few questions?

Karen K.
on 10/25/14 9:31 am - Ontatio, Canada

Hi Friends, New on here, glad to have found this great support group. I had my one on one's in Sudbury and they went great. I have heard different wait times for my next steps. I am posting what I think happens next, if I am missing anything let me know. Also, if you could share your timeline from this stage onward it would be greatly appreciated. * I need to be approved by a team, notified by letter of approval (thinking positively that I will be approved), Telehealth video conference in North Bay with Dr., get surgery date, Pre-op appointment in a Toronto get/start optifast, Surgery on Toronto. Thanks wonderful people! :) 

Wesley T.
on 10/26/14 3:01 am - Canada

Hi Karen, I am from North Bay as well. I am at the same stage as well as you. Last week I had finished my appointments as well. I am now waiting for blood work to come in, and I am told there will the paneling after that. - Cheers Wes

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

Hanneli xoxo
on 10/27/14 3:07 am, edited 10/27/14 3:09 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Karen stop worrying about not being approved! If you had your one on ones and they gave you no indication at that point, then you are likely approved. They would tell you. If you meet the eligibility crtieria set out on the OBN website, had your one on ones you are fine. Like I said you would know, for example, if you had high blood pressure and it was untreated, the nurse would say "we will have to defer you until your BP is regulated with medication" if you had mental health issues the social worker would say "I don't feel you are ready for surgery yet until you get {{mental health issue like depression, suicidal thoughts, eating disorder etc..}} under control"

Most Active