Differences in pre op diet

mrereedhead
on 10/24/14 11:58 am - Canada

I'm just wondering what the different diets are for you folks in your pre op diet.  I'm on a strict optifast only for 4 weeks.  I'm not even allowed veggies.  I can have broth and sugar free liquids but nothing else.  I have the craving to just be able to chew something and swallow it.  I just wonder why such the vast difference in diets between surgeons in even the same province.  I've lost 19 pounds in 2 weeks, 13 of that in just one week.  I don't even want to eat food that's bad for me, I want veggies lol.

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/14 10:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi, I was on the same pre-op diet as you, but only had to do three weeks cause i was a last minute schedule.  I followed it 100% and after a week no longer had any cravings for solid food....did want something sweet so was happy for the sugar free jello option.  I think the more you lose before the safer it is during surgery for you.  Good luck and stick to what they recommend as each center has its guidelines for a reason.

Kelly

Patm
on 10/24/14 10:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Every centre works independently. they set their own rules based on what they believe is optimum. Hang in there it is only four weeks of your life.

Good luck we all know it is not easy

Most Active